Babies

sissy852
he wont stop crying :/ update in replies
January 23, 2013 at 2:00 AM
He has a clean diaper been fed. I gave him his acid med. He has a small cold but he is still crying i dont know why. I have tried everything. I am getting frusterated.

Replies

• athiareece
    January 23, 2013 at 2:01 AM
    sometmes my baby is so tired he crys and crys and eventualy will go to sleep if i rock him throigh the screaming
  • Fields456
    January 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    Gas, too tired , teething ? And if he has a cold he prob just doesn't feel good. Does he fall asleep in the car? Take him for a drive
  • Junebaby18
    January 23, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    Look for a hair wrapped around his finger or toes.
    Swaddle him.
    Put him on yours or your dh/so chest and put his head in the curve of your neck and hum a song, or just a calm rhythm, in a low voice.
    Check his diaper again.
    Give more milk if its been 2-3 hours or usually length of feeding time.
    Walk around while holding baby.
    If it gets too much, put baby down somewhere safe, like crib/bassinet or playpen and walk to another room and breathe deeply for a minute or two. Maybe even scream into a pillow if needed.
  • MixedCooke
    January 23, 2013 at 3:04 AM

1) too cold/hot?

2) still gassy? even though he burped once does NOT mean he is done.  Bicycle his legs and/or rub his belly counterclockwise

3) infant massage

4) shushing sound mimics what he heard in the womb and is comforting

5) go into a complete darkened room and just walk/sway

6) put his head on your heart, also reminds him of what he heard in the womb

7) CALM DOWN--he feeds off your energy and can sense when you are tense--take deep breaths through your nose and out of your mouth--deep breath in count of 4, hold for 7 and out for 8.

8) sing some lullabies while rubbing his back

• erikays
    by erikays
    January 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    How old is he? Maybe he's teething or gassy?
  • Jansan24
    January 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Try some white noise. Run your vacuum or hair dryer. Thehair dryer worked for me. If one of these works, you can download a hairdryer or vacuum sounds/apps from itunes or googleplay. Best of luck!

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    January 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM

How old is he?

• expectantmom81
    January 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    Sometimes a cold can cause ear infection. Is he drinking ok or pulling at his ears?
  • kirstina
    January 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    If you need lay him down in safe place and walk away until you can calm. Go back and swaddle him. Turn on white noise (vacuum, the radio in between stations) rock him. Good luck.
  • Megz93
    by Megz93
    January 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    check if his nose is stuffed up, my ds gets REALLY cranky if he can't breathe through his nose. He hates the nosesucker even more, but he's happier afterward.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts