by athiareeceJanuary 23, 2013 at 2:01 AMsometmes my baby is so tired he crys and crys and eventualy will go to sleep if i rock him throigh the screaming
by Fields456January 23, 2013 at 2:03 AMGas, too tired , teething ? And if he has a cold he prob just doesn't feel good. Does he fall asleep in the car? Take him for a drive
Look for a hair wrapped around his finger or toes.
Put him on yours or your dh/so chest and put his head in the curve of your neck and hum a song, or just a calm rhythm, in a low voice.
Check his diaper again.
Give more milk if its been 2-3 hours or usually length of feeding time.
Walk around while holding baby.
If it gets too much, put baby down somewhere safe, like crib/bassinet or playpen and walk to another room and breathe deeply for a minute or two. Maybe even scream into a pillow if needed.
1) too cold/hot?
2) still gassy? even though he burped once does NOT mean he is done. Bicycle his legs and/or rub his belly counterclockwise
3) infant massage
4) shushing sound mimics what he heard in the womb and is comforting
5) go into a complete darkened room and just walk/sway
6) put his head on your heart, also reminds him of what he heard in the womb
7) CALM DOWN--he feeds off your energy and can sense when you are tense--take deep breaths through your nose and out of your mouth--deep breath in count of 4, hold for 7 and out for 8.
8) sing some lullabies while rubbing his back
by erikaysJanuary 23, 2013 at 8:33 AMHow old is he? Maybe he's teething or gassy?
by jhsloveJanuary 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM
How old is he?
by kirstinaJanuary 23, 2013 at 8:58 AMIf you need lay him down in safe place and walk away until you can calm. Go back and swaddle him. Turn on white noise (vacuum, the radio in between stations) rock him. Good luck.
by Megz93January 23, 2013 at 9:21 AMcheck if his nose is stuffed up, my ds gets REALLY cranky if he can't breathe through his nose. He hates the nosesucker even more, but he's happier afterward.