Babies

Featured Posts
amccandles2
Chapped cheeks and chin
January 21, 2013 at 9:45 PM
So my five month old drools like crazy and is always rubbing his face of toys and stuff so he has become very chapped. Aside from lotion, any ideas on how to get it healed? Its hard to do when he constantly drools! Lol

Replies

• emilyelephant
    January 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Vaseline maybe? We were starting to have the same problem with my dd but it's gotten better, for now. We didn't do anything with it but I'd like to see other answers

• jen6807
    by jen6807
    The doc told me vaseline but I never had the guts to try it.
  • proudmommy690
    Vaseline
  • crabtreemommy
    January 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Vaseline (petroleum jelly)! Put a thin layer on it and it will clear right up! :) 

• ACsLady
    by ACsLady
    January 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I use coconut oil on my girls...works like a charm. :)

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Aveeno oatmeal baby lotion. Thats all you need. Gets rid of baby acne too for those with newborns. Its heaven sent

• shortyali
    January 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I used lanolin that I have from bfing. My DD sucks her thumb so I wanted something safe if it made it into her mouth and it cleared up in a day.
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    January 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    Don't do vaseline, it's NOT edible and can be harmful if baby gets it in his mouth.
    Lansinoh lanolin nipple cream works awesome, and it's completely non toxic. I always used that for my dd when she was chapped from teething, cleared it right up. :)
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Coconut oil, vaseline

• Lynette
    by Lynette
    January 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Nipple cream(same thing u would use for breast feeding) but applied to baby.  Lanolin.  I am allergic to that so I used Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Butter.  Other options would be coconut oil or olive oil.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts