Babies

Featured Posts
Pessema
Bottle to sippy cup!
by Pessema
January 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Moms I urge you to start sooner! There is no need to wait until your child is more than a year old. It creates dependancy & all I hear about is how hard it is & blah blah blah. My daughter is 6 months old & i have her drinking out of sippy cups. I would say dont start more than a week or so before 6 months. Get the Nuby sippy cup & start with water. If your baby doesn't like that a more expensive Dr. Browns one is specifically designed for starting at 6 months. It is amazing! 

What age did you start the transition?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 43% - 6-8 months
  2. 26% - 9-11 months
  3. 28% - 1-1 & 1/2 yr
  4. 0% - 2 years
  5. 1% - more than 2 years

Replies

• cabrandy03
    January 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My daughter was breastfed and never took a bottle but I started introducing an occasional sippy with juice or water at 9 months.

• Sharell8710
    January 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder if DD just doesn't like the sippy cups I have here. I'll try the brands you suggested. She's 13 months and barely sips from cups. :/

• Pessema
    by Pessema
    January 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yay another breastfeeding mom! We are an endangered species. lol. I only use the sippy cup for water so far & had to start because she was trying to drink out of my glass & making a mess.

• Pessema
    by Pessema
    January 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Sharell8710:

Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder if DD just doesn't like the sippy cups I have here. I'll try the brands you suggested. She's 13 months and barely sips from cups. :/

You're welcome. I would try Nuby first bc 1. its cheaper & 2. my daughter, niece & nephew like it

• Firenygirl180
    January 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    I started trying with sippy cups at 6 Months but they all flowed way to fast for ds. He didn't transition to a medium flew nipple until almost 9 months. I took bottles away cold turkey at 13 months and now at 19 months ds is working on using regular cups.
    It all depends on the kid. I plan to breastfeed this baby for more than 2 months, but things happen.
  • babygomez
    January 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I voted between 9-11 months.

• ChutterButter
    January 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

DD1 and DD2 were both bottle broken at 6 months. They both took to their sippy cups right away. DS I started introducing them at 6 months but he didn't start to actually take them til 8 months. I am so glad I did. Every child is different and progress at different ages with the bottle to sippy but for me this was a blessing. We started with Nuby and he now takes the Gerber ones that are for 7 months and up. He doesn't like any of the hard spouts.

• squeakers2
    January 20, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    My 3 yr old daughter started trying to wean off the bottle at 3 months when I had to stop giving her breast milk due not being able to pump any longer. I was able to hold her off till about 5 months when she would take a bottle before bed. By 6 months, the minute you handed her a bottle, it got thrown. Easiest kid to wean ever.

My 3 month old will rarely take a bottle. Mainly boob here. At 6 months, we will introduce a sippy.
  • jamieforbus
    January 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    I took the bottle away at 10 months!!!
  • Mrs.Bolin
    January 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

i introduced but didnt force at 9 mos. I bought those soft spout nubs cups and they did the trick. She was off the bottle at 14 mos. I put her milk in the sippy. Plan on the same thing with my youngest. Im blessed. My older sister still lets her 4 yr old have a bottle once in a while. OMG!!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts