Babies

Featured Posts
Pessema
Bottle to sippy cup!
by Pessema
January 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Moms I urge you to start sooner! There is no need to wait until your child is more than a year old. It creates dependancy & all I hear about is how hard it is & blah blah blah. My daughter is 6 months old & i have her drinking out of sippy cups. I would say dont start more than a week or so before 6 months. Get the Nuby sippy cup & start with water. If your baby doesn't like that a more expensive Dr. Browns one is specifically designed for starting at 6 months. It is amazing! 

What age did you start the transition?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 43% - 6-8 months
  2. 26% - 9-11 months
  3. 28% - 1-1 & 1/2 yr
  4. 0% - 2 years
  5. 1% - more than 2 years

Replies

• cabrandy03
    January 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My daughter was breastfed and never took a bottle but I started introducing an occasional sippy with juice or water at 9 months.

• Sharell8710
    January 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder if DD just doesn't like the sippy cups I have here. I'll try the brands you suggested. She's 13 months and barely sips from cups. :/

• Pessema
    by Pessema
    January 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yay another breastfeeding mom! We are an endangered species. lol. I only use the sippy cup for water so far & had to start because she was trying to drink out of my glass & making a mess.

• Pessema
    by Pessema
    January 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Sharell8710:

Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder if DD just doesn't like the sippy cups I have here. I'll try the brands you suggested. She's 13 months and barely sips from cups. :/

You're welcome. I would try Nuby first bc 1. its cheaper & 2. my daughter, niece & nephew like it

• Firenygirl180
    January 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    I started trying with sippy cups at 6 Months but they all flowed way to fast for ds. He didn't transition to a medium flew nipple until almost 9 months. I took bottles away cold turkey at 13 months and now at 19 months ds is working on using regular cups.
    It all depends on the kid. I plan to breastfeed this baby for more than 2 months, but things happen.
  • babygomez
    January 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I voted between 9-11 months.

• ChutterButter
    January 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

DD1 and DD2 were both bottle broken at 6 months. They both took to their sippy cups right away. DS I started introducing them at 6 months but he didn't start to actually take them til 8 months. I am so glad I did. Every child is different and progress at different ages with the bottle to sippy but for me this was a blessing. We started with Nuby and he now takes the Gerber ones that are for 7 months and up. He doesn't like any of the hard spouts.

• squeakers2
    January 20, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    My 3 yr old daughter started trying to wean off the bottle at 3 months when I had to stop giving her breast milk due not being able to pump any longer. I was able to hold her off till about 5 months when she would take a bottle before bed. By 6 months, the minute you handed her a bottle, it got thrown. Easiest kid to wean ever.

My 3 month old will rarely take a bottle. Mainly boob here. At 6 months, we will introduce a sippy.
  • jamieforbus
    January 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    I took the bottle away at 10 months!!!
  • Mrs.Bolin
    January 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

i introduced but didnt force at 9 mos. I bought those soft spout nubs cups and they did the trick. She was off the bottle at 14 mos. I put her milk in the sippy. Plan on the same thing with my youngest. Im blessed. My older sister still lets her 4 yr old have a bottle once in a while. OMG!!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN