Featured Posts
Slayton723
Moms that work full time...
January 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
How long after having your lo did you go back to work?
How did you handel leaving your lo?

I start a new job monday working full time and my dd is 8 weeks old...I keep getting really nervous and really don't want to leave her. Any advice?

Replies

• Slayton723
    January 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    My dh and parents will be watching her do she will be in her own home. :)

Quoting Sharell8710:

It is hard. Especially when they are so young. Just take a deep breath and know baby is in good hands. Build a good relationship with the daycare provider, because it always helps to have great communication with her and know her on a more personal level. I've had teachers that just basically said goodbye to my child at the end of the day and nothing more. I never felt any kind of connection with them, which is not good when they are caring for your child all day. Good luck. You'll be just fine- and baby too.

• Slayton723
    January 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    I'll be working minimum 11 hrs with commute but I can't have my cell on me while working so I won't be able to do that :( but that is the only reason I'm even doing this is cause I know its all for her

Quoting Nighttiger:

I went back to work full time when DS was 6 weeks. It was ok because he was staying with DH so I knew he would be well loved and taken care of, but it was still hard. I was working a minimum 10 hour days once you add in commute time. DH was really good about sending me videos throughout the day, so that definitely helped. And at the end of the day, DH was ready for some time away, so I got sole baby time for several hours at night. That helps as well. And weekends were (and still are) treasured time with DS (now 3). It will get easier and it will go by faster than you can imagine. Just try to enjoy your time that you have, bring videos to watch when you get bummed, and remember you are working to give that baby a better life.

• slenway
    by slenway
    January 20, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I went back to work when my daughter was 12 weeks old. It was really hard the first day and week, but it really did start to get easier. My mother watched my children, so it was a true comfort knowing that.

I did struggle going back to work though, because I really wanted to stay at home with my kids, but I knew I had to work, which in a way made it easier, because you don't have a choice. I just started a home based business that I do part-time, because I still work full-time, in hopes to be able to stay home within the next year.

If you are able to, I recommend taking a blanket, burpie, clothing piece that smells like her, it can help with missing her. When I went back to work I was gone for 12hrs or more, due to commute, so having something with my daughters scent helped.

Quoting Slayton723:

How long after having your lo did you go back to work?
    How did you handel leaving your lo?

I start a new job monday working full time and my dd is 8 weeks old...I keep getting really nervous and really don't want to leave her. Any advice?

• pinkiebabii
    January 20, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    I only work part time but when I work it is 11 hours a day. (22-33 hours a week)
    I didn't start working until my son was eight months.
    It was hard but I live less than a block away from work and I am allowed to leave and nurse him if he needs me. He needed me my first two days and hasn't since.
    It is a lot harder for me than him. While at work I'm usually okay but I cry every time I'm getting ready for work.
    Right when I get home I nurse him even if he is sleeping and I know it makes both of us feel so loved and connected and reassures me that he still needs me and I will always be mommy and no one can replace me.

It is so hard but if I didn't need the money I wouldn't work.
  • pinkiebabii
    January 20, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    I wanted to add I only leave DS with SO.
    I hadn't been away from my son more than an hour (once for an interview) before I stated work so it was extra hard the first day. It was a rule that no customers were allowed to ask about my son so I wouldn't cry.
  • Retrokitty
    January 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    I'm going back in February. DS will be 11 months.
  • heathermarie23
    January 20, 2013 at 4:58 AM

With my 1st, he was 5 wks.  My 2nd I saved up the whole pregnancy and took 3 months.  Might do the same this time.  I just chalked it up to "i gotta do what I gotta do", of course it's not easy.  Call whoever is watching her and check on her during the day, it will make you feel a little better.

• longlegs272
    January 20, 2013 at 4:58 AM
    I have 8months twin boys been lucky too stay home will not be going back to work due to the dd having a wonderful background maybe when they start school.then only working four hrs a day lol. I know it must be hard i can't even think of leaving them. Good luck!
  • Loralismommy224
    January 20, 2013 at 5:56 AM
    I went back when dd was 7 wks. I cried when my husband left with her to take her to his grandmothers that morning. It does get better, but I still feel like I get cheated. I work 3-12 hr shifts, so I'm pretty much away from her all day & rarely get to see her on those days (she's 10.5 months old). To be honest, I feel very envious of SAHMs sometimes bc I HAVE to work. I know I shouldn't feel that way & should be grateful to even have a job in this tough economy, but I just can't help it.
  • angela.bouchard
    January 20, 2013 at 6:17 AM

bump

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts