Babies

Featured Posts
Slayton723
Moms that work full time...
January 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
How long after having your lo did you go back to work?
How did you handel leaving your lo?

I start a new job monday working full time and my dd is 8 weeks old...I keep getting really nervous and really don't want to leave her. Any advice?

Replies

• audreesmama
    January 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I'm in the U.S. I live in Kentucky. I negotiated my contract to include my paid time off. It is not the norm here. 

Working Moms Group 

Can you see that link?

Quoting Slayton723:

No I haven't joined I'll have to look into it. I'm always on my phone so its hard to see groups I'm not a part of. What country do you live in?

Quoting audreesmama:

I have no idea. I have 6 months paid maternity leave and I'm taking an additional 6 at reduced pay so I can be with my son his first year. I am honestly kind of terrified to go back! I'm sorry mama. I wish the US offered 1 year paid like other countries do. Have you joined the Working Mothers group on here? I know I've seen posts similar to this in that group. I'll bet they can help :).

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    January 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    Cuddle time can be great too.

Quoting Slayton723:

She's bottle fed so I already lost that :(

Quoting deccaf:

I went at6 weeks. It was hard, but I have a supportive work environment that allowed a little extra time when I felt I needed it. Also, nursing as soon as we got home reestablished our connection.

• ScarlettRose930
    January 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    I went back to work at 8 weeks with ds and dd. I am very lucky in the fact that my mom watches my children. So I know they are in great hands. I was worried that I wasn't emotional ready to leave my baby but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. :)
  • Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    It did thank you! My aunt used to live in lexington. Then paduka (sp?) Where do you work if you don't mind me asking

Quoting audreesmama:

I'm in the U.S. I live in Kentucky. I negotiated my contract to include my paid time off. It is not the norm here. 

Working Moms Group 

Can you see that link?

Quoting Slayton723:

No I haven't joined I'll have to look into it. I'm always on my phone so its hard to see groups I'm not a part of. What country do you live in?

Quoting audreesmama:

I have no idea. I have 6 months paid maternity leave and I'm taking an additional 6 at reduced pay so I can be with my son his first year. I am honestly kind of terrified to go back! I'm sorry mama. I wish the US offered 1 year paid like other countries do. Have you joined the Working Mothers group on here? I know I've seen posts similar to this in that group. I'll bet they can help :).

• Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    My parents will be watching my dd too. I hope thats the case for me. I guess just starting a new job on top of leaving her is why I'm so nervous.

Quoting ScarlettRose930:

I went back to work at 8 weeks with ds and dd. I am very lucky in the fact that my mom watches my children. So I know they are in great hands. I was worried that I wasn't emotional ready to leave my baby but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. :)
  • audreesmama
    January 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I live in Lexington :-). I work remotely for a nuclear power plant. My parents live near Paducah :-). 

Quoting Slayton723:

It did thank you! My aunt used to live in lexington. Then paduka (sp?) Where do you work if you don't mind me asking

Quoting audreesmama:

Working Moms Group 

Can you see that link?

Quoting Slayton723:

Quoting audreesmama:

• Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    Oh wow. I've only been over there once when my cousin passed away. It was a nice place though.

Quoting audreesmama:

I live in Lexington :-). I work remotely for a nuclear power plant. My parents live near Paducah :-). 

Quoting Slayton723:

Quoting audreesmama:

Working Moms Group 

Can you see that link?

Quoting Slayton723:

Quoting audreesmama:

• Jacobsmom91512
    January 19, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I went back to work 8 weeks after little man was born and my aunt was his babysitter. To be honest though when I dropped him off I made sure I had like 20 mins early so i could spend it their with him "to say goodbye" i guess I'm emotional but I cried a little when I left. Not that my aunt doesn't know what she doing she runs a daycare and is awesome with my baby who will be 4 months in a few mins (20th)

• Sharell8710
    January 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

It is hard. Especially when they are so young. Just take a deep breath and know baby is in good hands. Build a good relationship with the daycare provider, because it always helps to have great communication with her and know her on a more personal level. I've had teachers that just basically said goodbye to my child at the end of the day and nothing more. I never felt any kind of connection with them, which is not good when they are caring for your child all day. Good luck. You'll be just fine- and baby too.

• Nighttiger
    January 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I went back to work full time when DS was 6 weeks. It was ok because he was staying with DH so I knew he would be well loved and taken care of, but it was still hard. I was working a minimum 10 hour days once you add in commute time. DH was really good about sending me videos throughout the day, so that definitely helped. And at the end of the day, DH was ready for some time away, so I got sole baby time for several hours at night. That helps as well. And weekends were (and still are) treasured time with DS (now 3). It will get easier and it will go by faster than you can imagine. Just try to enjoy your time that you have, bring videos to watch when you get bummed, and remember you are working to give that baby a better life.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts