Babies

Featured Posts
Slayton723
Moms that work full time...
January 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
How long after having your lo did you go back to work?
How did you handel leaving your lo?

I start a new job monday working full time and my dd is 8 weeks old...I keep getting really nervous and really don't want to leave her. Any advice?

Replies

• Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    Bump
  • lauratupper
    January 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM

bump!

• audreesmama
    January 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I have no idea. I have 6 months paid maternity leave and I'm taking an additional 6 at reduced pay so I can be with my son his first year. I am honestly kind of terrified to go back! I'm sorry mama. I wish the US offered 1 year paid like other countries do. Have you joined the Working Mothers group on here? I know I've seen posts similar to this in that group. I'll bet they can help :).

• shortyali
    January 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    I had 8 weeks with DS1 and I was very nervous to go back. Then with DD I had 12 weeks and I didn't want to go back at all. This time with DD2 I had 8 weeks and by week 6 I was begging to go back. That may have been something to do with the fact I know I'm being laid off in march so I would like to get as many full time paychecks as possible in between.
  • Emadele
    by Emadele
    January 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    I went back at 12wks pp with both. The first time, nana watched him for the first 6wks or so so that wasn't too hard (there are times I wish I hadn't done that, but that's another story). The second time the boys went to a daycare provider that had been caring for ds1 for about 8mos so I felt comfortable.
    I will admit though that I'm pretty much emotionally retarded and don't feel things like others do. I pretty much realized it had to be done and there wasn't anything that I could do about it and getting all emotional was just going to stress everyone out so why bother.

• deccaf
    by deccaf
    January 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    I went at6 weeks. It was hard, but I have a supportive work environment that allowed a little extra time when I felt I needed it. Also, nursing as soon as we got home reestablished our connection.
  • Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    Do you mind if I ask why? My dd will be staying with my parents when dh isn't home...
    Quoting Emadele:

I went back at 12wks pp with both. The first time, nana watched him for the first 6wks or so so that wasn't too hard (there are times I wish I hadn't done that, but that's another story). The second time the boys went to a daycare provider that had been caring for ds1 for about 8mos so I felt comfortable.

I will admit though that I'm pretty much emotionally retarded and don't feel things like others do. I pretty much realized it had to be done and there wasn't anything that I could do about it and getting all emotional was just going to stress everyone out so why bother.

• Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    She's bottle fed so I already lost that :(

Quoting deccaf:

I went at6 weeks. It was hard, but I have a supportive work environment that allowed a little extra time when I felt I needed it. Also, nursing as soon as we got home reestablished our connection.
  • Slayton723
    January 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    No I haven't joined I'll have to look into it. I'm always on my phone so its hard to see groups I'm not a part of. What country do you live in?

Quoting audreesmama:

I have no idea. I have 6 months paid maternity leave and I'm taking an additional 6 at reduced pay so I can be with my son his first year. I am honestly kind of terrified to go back! I'm sorry mama. I wish the US offered 1 year paid like other countries do. Have you joined the Working Mothers group on here? I know I've seen posts similar to this in that group. I'll bet they can help :).

• Kris_PBG
    January 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    15 weeks pp for ds1 (lucked into 3 extra weeks on a technicality), 12 weeks pp for ds2.

It is always so hard to leave them... :(

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN