Babies

Featured Posts
JenniferMiller0
Will it ever end??
January 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM

For the past week or so, my son has been like really cranky. His top two teeth had started to come in and now they are in, not all the way but you can see the teeth. This time around was a  lot worse than when his bottom teeth came in. He's been sleeping for like 3 hrs and then waking up extremely cranky/fussy and it's been hell trying to get him back  to sleep. Today was especially bad...probably because on top of teething, he  also got the second dose of his flu vaccine. Last night, he went to bed at 12:00 a.m and then woke up at 3:00 a.m. It took me an hour and a half to get him back to sleep. And then I had to be up at 6:30 a.m. OMG, talk about being exhausted.

Baby tylenol seems to be the only thing that helps the pain but I don't wanna give him too much. The pain seems to worse at night. He's also been biting/grinding his top and bottom teeth together. It makes the most horrible sound!

*Sigh* Sorry, just needed to vent/rant. I know he's a baby and that teething is a natural part of him growing up. I just feel so sorry that he has to go through his pain!

Replies

• LongBeachLiz
    January 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    Give him a dose of tylenol before bed. Honestly teething is such a short time that if tylenol helps then use it. We also used the hylands teething tablets and an amber necklace.
  • JenniferMiller0
    January 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM

He does have a Nuby teething ring and hat seemed to help for his bottom teeth but doesn't seem to be helping for his bottom. He's passed out right now. I'm just glad he hasn't bitten my booby!

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Give him a dose of tylenol before bed. Honestly teething is such a short time that if tylenol helps then use it. We also used the hylands teething tablets and an amber necklace.

• abra
    by abra
    January 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    I agree, just make sure you are following the dosage guidelines.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

• kimberly161
    January 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Baby oragel seems to work long enough to get my lo at least to sleep, it takes the edge off. Hang in there mama: )
  • JenniferMiller0
    January 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Thanks everyone. He did bite me last night but not too hard. Oh he was practically incolosable this morning. :( He woke up screaming. I changed him and then tried to bf. It took me a good 15 minutes just to get him to stay on! He kept pulling off and crying! Finally, I got him latched and he nursed himself to sleep.

• la_bella_vita
    January 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Aww : (

• emkirkley
    January 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM

how old? if he's over 2 months old you can use ibuprofen, call and get a dosage or use the dr sears charts for weight/dosage it lasts longer and seems to work better for my girls for teething pain, then if they wake in the night and it hasn't been 6 hours you can give them tylenol then to take the edge back off...it hurts more at night because they aren't busy and entertained taking their minds off of it.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts