Babies

Featured Posts
Blakesmom112212
Bottle sizes
January 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I am looking to get some larger size bottles since we are "growing" out of the 4 and 5oz bottles. I was wondering if the 8 or 9oz bottles are large enough or do I need to get the 11oz bottles? My baby is 2 months old.

Replies

• mandapanda82
    January 17, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    My dd is 4 mos we still have the 4 /5 oz. but we also have a few 8 oz ones cuz shell take a 6 oz sometimes-- I think your lo is still young for bigger bottles. Depends-- how much is she taking?
  • sarahsmommy508
    January 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    my dd is 11 months and only eats 8 oz still, i have never really seen an 11 oz bottle, just the nuk ones are 10 oz idk hope that helps
  • larissalarie
    January 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    Omg, they actually make bottles so enormous??!! My kids never had bottles larger than the 5 ounce size, and those weren't filled full. But they were breastfed and only got bottles while I was at work. A baby's tummy isn't designed to hold more than a few ounces at a time if it doesn't get stretched.
    Good luck!
  • angela.bouchard
    January 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Lol this minus the shock part haha. We had 8 oz bottles but my son never ate more than 4 oz at a time.

Quoting larissalarie:

Omg, they actually make bottles so enormous??!! My kids never had bottles larger than the 5 ounce size, and those weren't filled full. But they were breastfed and only got bottles while I was at work. A baby's tummy isn't designed to hold more than a few ounces at a time if it doesn't get stretched.

Good luck!
  • aarensmommy
    January 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

we used the 8oz bottles both my boys ate a full 8oz at one point dd is 11m n only eats 5oz at a time.

• YzmaRocks
    January 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    I had no idea they even made bottles that big! My daughter only took a few oz at a time every 2-3 hours even at a year.
  • Blakesmom112212
    January 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    Blake is almost 2 months and he is taking 4oz of formula every 3-4 hours.
  • shortyali
    January 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    Really an 11oz bottle?!?!?!? I have never seen one of those. I ff my first and the most he ever ate was 6ozs and even then that wasn't until he was closer to being 1. My DS2 is 2 months and only takes 2 ozs every 2-3 hrs when I'm at work but I think that's because he prefers drinking from the tap.
  • Mrs.Pedro
    January 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    I would get the 8/9oz bottles, because by the time baby is ready for more than that he will likely be more than old enough to switch to a sippy!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN