Babies

Featured Posts
Blakesmom112212
Bottle sizes
January 17, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I am looking to get some larger size bottles since we are "growing" out of the 4 and 5oz bottles. I was wondering if the 8 or 9oz bottles are large enough or do I need to get the 11oz bottles? My baby is 2 months old.

Replies

• mandapanda82
    January 17, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    My dd is 4 mos we still have the 4 /5 oz. but we also have a few 8 oz ones cuz shell take a 6 oz sometimes-- I think your lo is still young for bigger bottles. Depends-- how much is she taking?
  • sarahsmommy508
    January 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    my dd is 11 months and only eats 8 oz still, i have never really seen an 11 oz bottle, just the nuk ones are 10 oz idk hope that helps
  • larissalarie
    January 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    Omg, they actually make bottles so enormous??!! My kids never had bottles larger than the 5 ounce size, and those weren't filled full. But they were breastfed and only got bottles while I was at work. A baby's tummy isn't designed to hold more than a few ounces at a time if it doesn't get stretched.
    Good luck!
  • angela.bouchard
    January 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Lol this minus the shock part haha. We had 8 oz bottles but my son never ate more than 4 oz at a time.

Quoting larissalarie:

Omg, they actually make bottles so enormous??!! My kids never had bottles larger than the 5 ounce size, and those weren't filled full. But they were breastfed and only got bottles while I was at work. A baby's tummy isn't designed to hold more than a few ounces at a time if it doesn't get stretched.

Good luck!
  • aarensmommy
    January 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

we used the 8oz bottles both my boys ate a full 8oz at one point dd is 11m n only eats 5oz at a time.

• YzmaRocks
    January 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    I had no idea they even made bottles that big! My daughter only took a few oz at a time every 2-3 hours even at a year.
  • Blakesmom112212
    January 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    Blake is almost 2 months and he is taking 4oz of formula every 3-4 hours.
  • shortyali
    January 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    Really an 11oz bottle?!?!?!? I have never seen one of those. I ff my first and the most he ever ate was 6ozs and even then that wasn't until he was closer to being 1. My DS2 is 2 months and only takes 2 ozs every 2-3 hrs when I'm at work but I think that's because he prefers drinking from the tap.
  • Mrs.Pedro
    January 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    I would get the 8/9oz bottles, because by the time baby is ready for more than that he will likely be more than old enough to switch to a sippy!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts