Babies

Featured Posts
Tamia_Mommy
Advice Needed: what to do if the baby fall asleep while you...
January 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM

-what to do if the baby fall asleep while you breastfeeding?

Replies

• Mrs.Velasquez
    January 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    How old is the baby?

Does removing the nipple wake him/her up?
  • Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM

SHE IS 1MONTH ..AND NO IT DONT...INEED ADVICE

• hlzcmjzajz
    January 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    My dd always falls asleep while she's nursing- I just wait until she's done sucking, she'll spit my nipple out then I pick her up & lay her on my chest for a few minutes before laying her down in her bed. 99% of the time she stays asleep...
  • Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM

okayy ... DO YOU FEED BOTH BREAST OR JUST ONE?BKOZ MY BABY ONLY LIKE THE RIGHT LEFT BREAST?

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM

agreed I did this ... but if you need to break her off I would take the tip of my finger and can help break the sucking and if she's sleeping deep enough it shouldn't wake her.

Quoting hlzcmjzajz:

My dd always falls asleep while she's nursing- I just wait until she's done sucking, she'll spit my nipple out then I pick her up & lay her on my chest for a few minutes before laying her down in her bed. 99% of the time she stays asleep...

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM

In the beginning I would nurse about 15 minutes on 1 side then 15 min on the other. Sometimes baby won't want to nurse for the 2nd  half of the 15 minutes. You can always wear a bracelet that reminds you of which side you last fed on.

Quoting Tamia_Mommy:

okayy ... DO YOU FEED BOTH BREAST OR JUST ONE?BKOZ MY BABY ONLY LIKE THE RIGHT LEFT BREAST?

• Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:47 AM

THANK U. WHAT INCREASE BREAST MILK?

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM

to increase milk supply eat oatmeal. Also make sure when you are breastfeeding drink lots of water. Especially when you're sitting down to nurse her. I also know that some moms also drink mother's milk tea and fenugreek also helps milk production.

Quoting Tamia_Mommy:

THANK U. WHAT INCREASE BREAST MILK?

• Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:53 AM

DO UR BREAST LEAK ALOT WHEN YOU INCREASE IT?

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM

They can, at least until you supply has steadied. You can always use nursing pads. (Reuseable or disposable) I wore nursing pads for about 8-9 months.

Quoting Tamia_Mommy:

DO UR BREAST LEAK ALOT WHEN YOU INCREASE IT?

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts