Babies

Featured Posts
Tamia_Mommy
Advice Needed: what to do if the baby fall asleep while you...
January 17, 2013 at 1:06 AM

-what to do if the baby fall asleep while you breastfeeding?

Replies

• Mrs.Velasquez
    January 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    How old is the baby?

Does removing the nipple wake him/her up?
  • Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM

SHE IS 1MONTH ..AND NO IT DONT...INEED ADVICE

• hlzcmjzajz
    January 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    My dd always falls asleep while she's nursing- I just wait until she's done sucking, she'll spit my nipple out then I pick her up & lay her on my chest for a few minutes before laying her down in her bed. 99% of the time she stays asleep...
  • Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM

okayy ... DO YOU FEED BOTH BREAST OR JUST ONE?BKOZ MY BABY ONLY LIKE THE RIGHT LEFT BREAST?

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM

agreed I did this ... but if you need to break her off I would take the tip of my finger and can help break the sucking and if she's sleeping deep enough it shouldn't wake her.

Quoting hlzcmjzajz:

My dd always falls asleep while she's nursing- I just wait until she's done sucking, she'll spit my nipple out then I pick her up & lay her on my chest for a few minutes before laying her down in her bed. 99% of the time she stays asleep...

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM

In the beginning I would nurse about 15 minutes on 1 side then 15 min on the other. Sometimes baby won't want to nurse for the 2nd  half of the 15 minutes. You can always wear a bracelet that reminds you of which side you last fed on.

Quoting Tamia_Mommy:

okayy ... DO YOU FEED BOTH BREAST OR JUST ONE?BKOZ MY BABY ONLY LIKE THE RIGHT LEFT BREAST?

• Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:47 AM

THANK U. WHAT INCREASE BREAST MILK?

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:50 AM

to increase milk supply eat oatmeal. Also make sure when you are breastfeeding drink lots of water. Especially when you're sitting down to nurse her. I also know that some moms also drink mother's milk tea and fenugreek also helps milk production.

Quoting Tamia_Mommy:

THANK U. WHAT INCREASE BREAST MILK?

• Tamia_Mommy
    January 17, 2013 at 1:53 AM

DO UR BREAST LEAK ALOT WHEN YOU INCREASE IT?

• mommyhonu
    January 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM

They can, at least until you supply has steadied. You can always use nursing pads. (Reuseable or disposable) I wore nursing pads for about 8-9 months.

Quoting Tamia_Mommy:

DO UR BREAST LEAK ALOT WHEN YOU INCREASE IT?

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN