Babies

Featured Posts
paulenegriff
when to take my baby off the bottle
January 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM
My baby is 8 months old when should I take her off the bottle some people say just give juice in a cup and others said I need to give her milk and anything else I give her should be in the cup and stop the bottle

Replies

• Mrs.Velasquez
    January 17, 2013 at 12:54 AM
    I'm not one to take things away by a certain age. I follow baby's cue. Ill try it once if she doesn't take to it, I stop and continue what we were doing.

My oldest was 3 1/2 when she stopped drinking from a bottle only for bed, then brushed her teeth. It was her comfort.

She used a pacifier until 3. Some say that's too old, but they are my kids. Nobody knows them like I do.

Follow what u feel is right Hun. Only you can make the choice.

Btw my oldest never took a sippy cup.
  • larissalarie
    January 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    If baby will take a cup, there's no reason to keep using a bottle. But if baby is super attached to the bottle, there also no reason to rush her off if it right away. Maybe just start offering a cup, and see how it goes.
  • babygomez
    January 17, 2013 at 2:07 AM

That is up to you.

I start weaning my kids from their bottles around 11 months of age. By 12 months, they're using sippy cups only.

• mandapanda82
    January 17, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    I kept it until a year... Then her bottles transitioned into sippy cups ( born free)
  • mommys2babies
    January 17, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    My son took himself off bottles at 8 months
  • YzmaRocks
    January 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    This :)

Quoting larissalarie:

If baby will take a cup, there's no reason to keep using a bottle. But if baby is super attached to the bottle, there also no reason to rush her off if it right away. Maybe just start offering a cup, and see how it goes.
  • January1964
    January 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

I'm not one to take things away by a certain age. I follow baby's cue. Ill try it once if she doesn't take to it, I stop and continue what we were doing.

My oldest was 3 1/2 when she stopped drinking from a bottle only for bed, then brushed her teeth. It was her comfort.

She used a pacifier until 3. Some say that's too old, but they are my kids. Nobody knows them like I do.

You say your dd had a pacifier until 3. My dd will be 4 in March and is nowhere near giving it up. She has it only for nap and bedtime. It doesn't leave her room. Should I try to get her to give it up at 4? I tried at 3 and it was a disaster. She screamed and cried for six weeks and fell asleep at 11PM, midnight or 1AM.

• Mrs.Velasquez
    January 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    My dd had no signs of giving it up either. However, she kept dropping it and I had to go on a search party looking for the damn thing. One day she dropped it and I told her to look for it. We looked and looked n nothing. So, I told her that's it. I'm not going to look for it anymore or buy you another one. I was seriously fed up with hunting it down. That day was the last time she used it.

The first week was a little rough. She did wake up, but we put her in bed with us. We just reminded her she was a big girl and they didn't use binkeys.

Quoting January1964:

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

You say your dd had a pacifier until 3. My dd will be 4 in March and is nowhere near giving it up. She has it only for nap and bedtime. It doesn't leave her room. Should I try to get her to give it up at 4? I tried at 3 and it was a disaster. She screamed and cried for six weeks and fell asleep at 11PM, midnight or 1AM.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN