Babies

Featured Posts
alandou
gift idea for a 1 year old boy?
by alandou
January 12, 2013 at 4:57 AM

we have been invited to attend a birthday celebration on sunday for a friend of my husband's son who will be turning 1 year. we don't really talk to this person unless there are "get togethers" (like birthdays, support, dinners, etc.) or if we see them out in public like the store or something. we've seen his son one time and that was in wal-mart for a few minutes. I would like to give something meaningful but not terribly expensive. I have a daughter and I've never had to buy for a boy before. any ideas? thanks in advance :)

Replies

• schatzi869
    January 12, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    Developmental toys that have lights and play animal sounds or music. Those noisy popper things, ride-on toys, or those little interactive play-stations. Some of the toy cars (bigger than hot wheels) are okay too. My son's favorite toy is this big, plastic dump truck that my aunt bought for 19.99. That was on his first birthday and he is now 4.
  • amy1763
    by amy1763
    January 12, 2013 at 5:06 AM

I have all girls and never have really had to buy for a young boy either. What about something age appropriate in the craft area? Side walk chalk? Not sure, sorry Im not much help.

• alandou
    by alandou
    January 12, 2013 at 5:09 AM

No problem! Hey, we'll get it all figured out someday if we ever have a boy, LoL.

Quoting amy1763:

I have all girls and never have really had to buy for a young boy either. What about something age appropriate in the craft area? Side walk chalk? Not sure, sorry Im not much help.

• jlbelknap35
    January 12, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    Anything with wheels! Tonka makes nice big soft cars and play school has lil people cars too. Boys like wheels and anything that makes lots of noise and lights up.
  • heathermarie27
    January 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    This! My sons favorite toy from his 1st birthday is a loud noisey car lol.

Quoting jlbelknap35:

Anything with wheels! Tonka makes nice big soft cars and play school has lil people cars too. Boys like wheels and anything that makes lots of noise and lights up.

• jeniprice
    January 12, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    Any toy would work really. Just make sure that you get a gift receipt in case the parents don't like it or the child has the same one already.
  • aimesnyc
    January 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Boy or girl - what's the difference when they are only 1? Clothes, toys or books are always good
  • erikays
    by erikays
    January 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Big legos, doodle boards, color wonder markers :)
  • jessicaaris
    January 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I like books and the big wooden puzzles. Or megablocks are good too. He may not be able to use them today but will soon.

• jazz0201
    January 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    Catch Me Kitty by Vtech. The cat moves and talks. It runs away from the toddler while encouraging them to case it. It moves, makes noise, and teaches.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts