Babies

Featured Posts
alandou
gift idea for a 1 year old boy?
by alandou
January 12, 2013 at 4:57 AM

we have been invited to attend a birthday celebration on sunday for a friend of my husband's son who will be turning 1 year. we don't really talk to this person unless there are "get togethers" (like birthdays, support, dinners, etc.) or if we see them out in public like the store or something. we've seen his son one time and that was in wal-mart for a few minutes. I would like to give something meaningful but not terribly expensive. I have a daughter and I've never had to buy for a boy before. any ideas? thanks in advance :)

Replies

• XVAmomma
    January 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    If you want something meaningful get him one of those books that you can record the voice on. I think Hallmark and Disney have a few options. They range from $9.99 to $30.00. You can record your own voice or have mom&dad record their own reading it.

I am buying a few every chance I get and sending them to distant relatives to make my boy a library of stories to the voice of unfamiliar - family. Hopefully when he is older and meet then he will recognize their voice. :)
  • abra
    by abra
    January 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM

books about trucks or dinosaurs! 

• cowgirls10181
    January 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    My sons fav toy was a noisey hamer, it still works and the kids love it. Lights up and makes funny noises.
  • mommyhonu
    January 14, 2013 at 2:47 AM

yes, anything with wheels is good or any kind of educational toys for age appropriate

• emilyelephant
    January 14, 2013 at 3:01 AM

My Pal Scout.  My daughter has the Violet (girl version) and it's soo cute!  You can hook it up to a computer and program it to say the kid's name, favorite color, fav animal, fave food.  It plays music.  It's about $20. Maybe even diapers? I really wish we would have gotten diapers from her family for xmas, instead of tons more clothes

• mommyhonu
    January 14, 2013 at 3:13 AM

What did you get him, April?

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts