kirstina
friendly debate. When are boys to old
January 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
When are boys to old to go in the women's bathroom with their mom?

Replies

• AlexandAsMom
    January 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I think it depends on where you are but honestly, there are too many sick people out there. I don't know the correct  answer is...but I do know that my child's safety is more important than someone giving me dirty looks. Besides, if they come in the stall with me and don't look under them, what's the big deal? 

• MrsBridges19
    January 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I think my children will buddy up when they're old enough to go to the bathroom.  They are twins.  If my husband can't go with them, their brother will go.

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    January 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

5 or 6

• chazzamatazz
    January 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

School age, unless they have disabilities. 

• TerriB0311
    January 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    This sums it up nicely for me. In the women's room there are stalls. I'd be freaked out to let him go into a men's room by himself under 7-8. Way too many pervs in this world. I'd always look for a family room first, but that's not always an option.

Quoting JoeyJrsMomma:

I think it depends on the child and the place. To me, going into the women's room isn't too bad since everyone is in a stall. I would be more concerned about a girl going in with her father than a boy going in with his mother just bc of how men's bathroom's are vs. women's. 

• TerriB0311
    January 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    BTW, isn't it so sad that so many replies have to do with fears of whackos out there? What a depressing thought and whacked out society we live in, huh?
  • jessicaaris
    January 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM

My son is almost 6 and he doesn't like coming into the women's bathroom with me. Most of the time I will let him go to the men's bathroom but I stay right outside. If we all have to go he just comes with me, because it is easier.

• GleekingOut
    January 14, 2013 at 5:40 AM

A friend of mine informed me that her sister's 13yo still uses the female toilets with her when they go; that besides school he has never used a male toilet. He is a fully functioning, neurotypical, mature 13yo. I explained to her that if I saw a boy who looked over the age of 10 in the toilets I would ask him his age; and if he was over 10, or being innappropriate I would have no hesitating polietely requesting that he leave the bathroom.

• kirstina
    January 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    Yeah 13 is too old. At 13 I was going to the mall and skating with friends. Does she trust her son to do anything?

Quoting GleekingOut:

A friend of mine informed me that her sister's 13yo still uses the
    female toilets with her when they go; that besides school he has never
    used a male toilet. He is a fully functioning, neurotypical, mature
    13yo. I explained to her that if I saw a boy who looked over the age of
    10 in the toilets I would ask him his age; and if he was over 10, or
    being innappropriate I would have no hesitating polietely requesting
    that he leave the bathroom.

• GleekingOut
    January 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    Apparently not. School is the only place he goes alone

Quoting kirstina:

Yeah 13 is too old. At 13 I was going to the mall and skating with friends. Does she trust her son to do anything?

Quoting GleekingOut:

A friend of mine informed me that her sister's 13yo still uses the

female toilets with her when they go; that besides school he has never

used a male toilet. He is a fully functioning, neurotypical, mature

13yo. I explained to her that if I saw a boy who looked over the age of

10 in the toilets I would ask him his age; and if he was over 10, or

being innappropriate I would have no hesitating polietely requesting

that he leave the bathroom.