Babies

Featured Posts
SarineLewis
How will I wean him from the bottle when....
January 10, 2013 at 5:07 AM
he has some habits to make it difficult?

My ds will be one soon. He has some habits that concern me. Mostly at night. He usually just has one or two bottles during the day. At night here is how it goes: 10 pm, bottle til he falls asleep, I take it away. Then he usually wakes up around 11 looking for it. (Cute to watch him search in his sleep by the way.) Then he searches for it every half an hour to an hour until around 3 am. After that he is good until 7 and then has a couple oz as he wakes at 10. I don't like these habits for him. It interrupts his sleep and mine. It's always hard to tell how many oz to make at once. Shouldn't he be going for longer stretches?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. It's late/early.

And we won't cry it out.

Replies

• mandapanda82
    January 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    I don't remember how we did it with dd# 1 but here's a bump for ya!
  • MommyO2-6631
    January 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    It sounds like my 6 month old but he's breastfed. Bump!
  • lauratupper
    January 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM

bump!

• abra
    by abra
    January 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    I allow them to take a water bottle to bed. I even sleep with my nalgene of water by my bed. :-)
  • goodmama85
    January 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    This :)

Quoting abra:

I allow them to take a water bottle to bed. I even sleep with my nalgene of water by my bed. :-)
  • proudmommy690
    January 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    Put water in it.
  • 1CrazyCajun
    January 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Maybe try and get him to drink more during the day?

My son would do that and I slowly reduced the amount of milk that was in the bottle. After a few weeks he was sleeping in longer stretches. Is he possibly using the bottle as a comfort thing and not necessarily because he's hungry?Does he have a favorite toy? My DS likes a stuffed animal that plays soft music. I do allow him to have that one toy in his crib. Sometimes at night he'll search for it and snuggles then goes right back to sleep.

• SarineLewis
    January 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I'm thinking it's for comfort until 3. He is a light sleeper. He doesn't have a fave toy, but maybe if I give him one more it will become a favorite.

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

Maybe try and get him to drink more during the day?

My son would do that and I slowly reduced the amount of milk that was in the bottle. After a few weeks he was sleeping in longer stretches. Is he possibly using the bottle as a comfort thing and not necessarily because he's hungry?Does he have a favorite toy? My DS likes a stuffed animal that plays soft music. I do allow him to have that one toy in his crib. Sometimes at night he'll search for it and snuggles then goes right back to sleep.

• SarineLewis
    January 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I had tried that before and he would just wake up and stay up for a few hours. Maybe I'll try it again.

Quoting proudmommy690:

Put water in it.

• la_bella_vita
    January 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Bump!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!