Babies

Featured Posts
mandapanda82
4 month pedi appt
January 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM
So my dd had her 4 month check up and she confirmed she has mild reflux. She recommended rice cereal in her bottle! 2 tsp. per 4 oz bottle to thicken it so she doesn't spit up. Now I didn't really wanna do rice cereal so idk? She said if it doesn't work to call thurs and she'll call in a Rx for Zantac. I already tried the cereal and baby seems content. I don't know??? I understand its nutritionally void, but if it'll help her spit up, why not? Should I do the Zantac or cereal????

Replies

• MommyO2-6631
    January 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    Idk. I had to use roce with my first (also a spitter) to help him keep his formula down but really it seemed like it didn't really work and then caused major constipation issues. I've never used zantac though so i'm not sure
  • YzmaRocks
    January 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    What kind of formula are you giving her? I personally wouldn't do cereal either unless all other options had been exhausted.
  • mandapanda82
    January 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Soy- and she doesn't think it's a soy allergy. But even just a little you think could be a problem? And what would the negative effects of a couple tsp of it be?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

What kind of formula are you giving her? I personally wouldn't do cereal either unless all other options had been exhausted.

• KylersMom8-16-7
    January 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    http://thebabybond.com/GER.html
  • blapier
    by blapier
    January 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Eh that's a hard decision mama. I personally would do the cereal, see if it works first. If not then get the Rx. IMO Rx's should only be a last resort, but again just my opinion.

• YzmaRocks
    January 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    I say research it a lot before making a decision. Does she have a dairy allergy?

Quoting mandapanda82:

Soy- and she doesn't think it's a soy allergy. But even just a little you think could be a problem? And what would the negative effects of a couple tsp of it be?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

• mandapanda82
    January 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    See I'm not sure- her first 3 weeks of life she was in the nicu and I was pumping exclusively. And then she started having symptoms that made the nurses think shw wasnt tolerating something in my diet- and I was concerned about my meds so I stopped pumping, and they started the soy. So idk?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I say research it a lot before making a decision. Does she have a dairy allergy?

Quoting mandapanda82:

Quoting YzmaRocks:

• mandapanda82
    January 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    Ya that's prob what I'll do/ I already gave her the cereal in her bottle tonight she tolerated it-- so well see. If she's still having bad reflux issues ill try the Rx

Quoting blapier:

Eh that's a hard decision mama. I personally would do the cereal, see if it works first. If not then get the Rx. IMO Rx's should only be a last resort, but again just my opinion.

• YzmaRocks
    January 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    I was asking because 50% or so of children who have a milk protein allergy also have a soy allergy.

Quoting mandapanda82:

See I'm not sure- her first 3 weeks of life she was in the nicu and I was pumping exclusively. And then she started having symptoms that made the nurses think shw wasnt tolerating something in my diet- and I was concerned about my meds so I stopped pumping, and they started the soy. So idk?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Quoting mandapanda82:

Quoting YzmaRocks:

• munchkin79
    January 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    I think you should listen to the Dr. I would rather give my baby cereal before a prescription drug.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts