Babies

Featured Posts
mandapanda82
4 month pedi appt
January 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM
So my dd had her 4 month check up and she confirmed she has mild reflux. She recommended rice cereal in her bottle! 2 tsp. per 4 oz bottle to thicken it so she doesn't spit up. Now I didn't really wanna do rice cereal so idk? She said if it doesn't work to call thurs and she'll call in a Rx for Zantac. I already tried the cereal and baby seems content. I don't know??? I understand its nutritionally void, but if it'll help her spit up, why not? Should I do the Zantac or cereal????

Replies

• MommyO2-6631
    January 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    Idk. I had to use roce with my first (also a spitter) to help him keep his formula down but really it seemed like it didn't really work and then caused major constipation issues. I've never used zantac though so i'm not sure
  • YzmaRocks
    January 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    What kind of formula are you giving her? I personally wouldn't do cereal either unless all other options had been exhausted.
  • mandapanda82
    January 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Soy- and she doesn't think it's a soy allergy. But even just a little you think could be a problem? And what would the negative effects of a couple tsp of it be?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

What kind of formula are you giving her? I personally wouldn't do cereal either unless all other options had been exhausted.

• KylersMom8-16-7
    January 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    http://thebabybond.com/GER.html
  • blapier
    by blapier
    January 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Eh that's a hard decision mama. I personally would do the cereal, see if it works first. If not then get the Rx. IMO Rx's should only be a last resort, but again just my opinion.

• YzmaRocks
    January 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    I say research it a lot before making a decision. Does she have a dairy allergy?

Quoting mandapanda82:

Soy- and she doesn't think it's a soy allergy. But even just a little you think could be a problem? And what would the negative effects of a couple tsp of it be?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

• mandapanda82
    January 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    See I'm not sure- her first 3 weeks of life she was in the nicu and I was pumping exclusively. And then she started having symptoms that made the nurses think shw wasnt tolerating something in my diet- and I was concerned about my meds so I stopped pumping, and they started the soy. So idk?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I say research it a lot before making a decision. Does she have a dairy allergy?

Quoting mandapanda82:

Quoting YzmaRocks:

• mandapanda82
    January 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    Ya that's prob what I'll do/ I already gave her the cereal in her bottle tonight she tolerated it-- so well see. If she's still having bad reflux issues ill try the Rx

Quoting blapier:

Eh that's a hard decision mama. I personally would do the cereal, see if it works first. If not then get the Rx. IMO Rx's should only be a last resort, but again just my opinion.

• YzmaRocks
    January 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    I was asking because 50% or so of children who have a milk protein allergy also have a soy allergy.

Quoting mandapanda82:

See I'm not sure- her first 3 weeks of life she was in the nicu and I was pumping exclusively. And then she started having symptoms that made the nurses think shw wasnt tolerating something in my diet- and I was concerned about my meds so I stopped pumping, and they started the soy. So idk?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Quoting mandapanda82:

Quoting YzmaRocks:

• munchkin79
    January 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    I think you should listen to the Dr. I would rather give my baby cereal before a prescription drug.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN