Featured Posts
USMCWifey2011
GUITLY
January 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I am pregnant with a new baby, and due in August. We weren't really trying. I was on the mini pill until theyif the damage that ha could figure out ppened when i had the Mirena was to much for me to be able to conceive again. Well it obviously wasnt haha. I have a 1 year old DS. I feel guilty about having to leave him when i go in for my csection. I won't beable to hold him since i won't be allowed to pick up anything more than 20 lbs and he's already 20 lbs. I'm also scared about how he is going to do with another little one around. My biggest fear is that something happens to me. I know that may be a little bit crazy but the thought of anything happening scares me. Any advice? anyone else felt this way?

Replies

• momto1ryen
    January 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I felt the same way when I was pregnant with dd2 and ds was so little to me. The night before I had her I was crying to dh saying his whole world was about to change and he didn't even know it. What I can say is you have a while before that baby arrives so soak up your one on one time. If you have someone try and plan for them to be there to help you with your ds and the new baby, Who's to say how well he'll do with a new baby. Hopefully fine, but remember it's ok if he's jeluous too. Even though you won't be able to pick him up you will be able to snuggle, read, sing or do a puzzle with him. You still can give him plenty of attention. It is scary, but don't put to much energy into the fear. Just take one day at a time when the new baby arrives.

• expectantmom81
    January 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    I didn't have a c-section and my boys are 3 years apart but I definitely was sad to leave my oldest and did worry about something going wrong but all you can do is pray and think positive. I'm sure a family member or friend can bring him to the hospital to visit you and meet the new baby. Where he is so young he might not be too jealous. My guy was but he was 3 so that was a long time of just him lol. I'm sure everything will work out great. HUGS
  • ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Don't get a c section? Other than that I don't really know. I just spent what time i could with my oldest before baby came.
  • MommyO2-6631
    January 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    At that age he will be a great helper. My son likes to hand me diapers and wipes as i need them. I felt guilty for leaving him for 3 days (for a vaginal birth) and he was pretty upset with me because i couldn't go home with him but he has since forgotten all about it. Just include him in as much as possible
  • amy1763
    by amy1763
    January 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

When I had dd3 My other two girls were 2 (almost 3) and 14. I felt awful leaving them. I had a placent accreta and I was in the hospital for 6 days. It all turned ok though. Gramma took them and daddy stayed with me. Gramma brought them to the hospital every day and spoiled the crap outta them lol. It will be ok mama.

• la_bella_vita
    January 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I've had to do this 3 times. It's not as hard you are imagining and I felt guilty everytime. My mother brought the children to visit me 2-3x a day and it went so fast, I barely felt like I was away from them. When my kid's needed cuddle times, I just sat down and had them climb on my lap.

• USMCWifey2011
    January 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I think my sister will have DS and she will be staying  at our house on base while my parents and hubby are with me

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I've had to do this 3 times. It's not as hard you are imagining and I felt guilty everytime. My mother brought the children to visit me 2-3x a day and it went so fast, I barely felt like I was away from them. When my kid's needed cuddle times, I just sat down and had them climb on my lap.

• la_bella_vita
    January 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM

That's great : ) Don't worry, it will be okay! I hate being away from my kid's too!

Congrats on the new baby! So exciting!

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

I think my sister will have DS and she will be staying  at our house on base while my parents and hubby are with me

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts