JassenRyane
Bottles during daycare
January 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Ok so I started my 4 month old daughter on bottles while she's in daycare..but my aunt says their nipples that act like breatsnipples but I'm confused on what to do. I don't think she's getting enough milk because when I bring her home, she "chugs" down the milk like it's nothing. So another question is that is it save to boil the nipples in a pan in hot water or will it melt the plastic?? I'm honestly totally confuesed!!!

Replies

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    January 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Holy crap!!!!
    She's in daycare for 7hrs, she needs no more than 7-9oz. 36oz is way more than what her daily intake is. Leave 3 3oz bottles to be given every 3hrs, or 4 2oz bottles to be given every 2hrs. You could actually leave less milk if you nurse her right before you leave and as soon as you get there to pick her up.
    Leaving more than needed only invites her caregivers to overfeed her (which daycares are notorious for). No need to overthink it mama. :)

Quoting JassenRyane:

Well she's in daycare from 8:20 in the morning up until 3:20 as soon as I get out of school. I bring atleast 3 bottles and 36 ounces
  • JassenRyane
    January 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    Most of the time when I'm in class, I can only help but wonder if she's ok, is she sleeping ok, and so much more..I don't understand why I get so worried, but I do. Tomorrow I'll send 7 oz but I'm home and is my daughter. Hopefully shell have enough milk to go around..:/
  • MommyO2-6631
    January 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    Just leave 4-2oz bottles. Then have the daycare teacher call you if she runs low. I always worry too but i always leave an ounce or 2 more than i'm supposed to but he never even finishes the ounce an hour. An ounce per hour is plenty!
  • jridgill
    January 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

She probably just likes the comfort of mommy. I always boiled mine.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts