Babies

Featured Posts
arigdon4
Are some babies just hot natured?
January 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM

DS is 1 week and he sweats all the time. It's winter so I keep dressing him in long sleeve footie jumppers to sleep in and when we're just at the house but I have to keep stripping him down to a diaper because he sweats so bad and as soon as he's naked he calms down.

I know his dad is really hot natured as well. I've checked his temp 3 times (once rectally) and it's was 98.6, 98.4 and 98.6 again. Should I bring this up to his pedi when we see him tomorrow?

Replies

• MrsApple
    January 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM

My daughter has always been hot natured as well,like me,and she sweats like her dad so we always dressed her like we do ourselves (instead of adding a layer like you're sppose to with a baby) and she was fine.

• lauratupper
    January 3, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Just dress him a little cooler. I wouldn't worry about it, my ds is really warm naturally.

• mama_bear77
    January 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    yup my dd is a cold one like her momma ;) i have layers after layers and my touch is still cold so is my dd
  • SOCO101
    by SOCO101
    January 3, 2013 at 4:23 AM

DD is super hot natured, and always has been. I'd dress him cooler, and see if it helps. During the winter ppl typically keep it warmer in their homes than in the summer anyways. 

• mandapanda82
    January 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    My dds 4 months now and she's been like that since birth I can't even use the blanket sac that attaches to the car seat she sweats too much I'm scared shell overheat.
  • momto1ryen
    January 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

My 1st dd was and still is. I'll be freezing and she's wearing shorts.

• lillucky8
    January 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    Yep, my dd is always cold, and hates it so she gets undershirts and fleece pjs. My ds is a sweaty boy so he gets a short sleeve onsie with two piece cotton pjs. He boils if i put him in fleece and gets super cranky
  • expectantmom81
    January 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    My oldest was like that. Totally normal.
  • rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    January 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Yes.  This is normal!  Just like adults, kids are all different!!!  My son is a chunker and he is VERY hot natured!  He doesn't like socks, jackets, nor to be covered.  If he gets hot at night he won't sleep good either.  Try not to over heat him and just keep him 'comfy'.  

Drove me crazy in the hospital b/c the nurses kept swaddling my baby and putting the hat on him and he'd sweat and be fussy!

• PinkButterfly66
    January 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My daughter is.  She has her dad's hot feet.  When we'd nap together, I'd wake up soaked in sweat.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts