Babies

arigdon4
Are some babies just hot natured?
January 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM

DS is 1 week and he sweats all the time. It's winter so I keep dressing him in long sleeve footie jumppers to sleep in and when we're just at the house but I have to keep stripping him down to a diaper because he sweats so bad and as soon as he's naked he calms down.

I know his dad is really hot natured as well. I've checked his temp 3 times (once rectally) and it's was 98.6, 98.4 and 98.6 again. Should I bring this up to his pedi when we see him tomorrow?

Replies

• MommyO2-6631
    January 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    My cousin cannot put her son in long sleeves because he sweats and starts crying. If he doesn't have a fever there is no need to call the doctor. He should be fine
  • jridgill
    January 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Babies need no more or no less clothing than what we need and yes I think they can be hot natured.

• JLS6306
    by JLS6306
    January 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    My DD has always been hot natured.
  • mandapanda82
    January 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Yep no fleece in this house!

Quoting lillucky8:

Yep, my dd is always cold, and hates it so she gets undershirts and fleece pjs. My ds is a sweaty boy so he gets a short sleeve onsie with two piece cotton pjs. He boils if i put him in fleece and gets super cranky

• Aleshad01
    January 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    Yes. It's freezing cold here but I usually have to put her in a light sleeper or she gets too hot.
  • amy1763
    by amy1763
    January 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Yes! My oldest always sweats so much but she says shes cold at the same time. Wierd.

• Fields456
    January 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    Yes my kids have always been but so am I
  • mylilprincesses
    January 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

could be.. my LO get very hot easily..

• la_bella_vita
    January 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

My son was like that.

• kameka
    by kameka
    January 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    Lol I kept unswaddling my middle dd and the nurses kept redoing it, hat and all!

My oldest is always colder than me but my two youngest are pretty hot natured. The car seat can be torture for my one year old if she's not dressed right.
    Try some cotton sleepers or a onesie with baby legs. Air flow is also really important for us hotties- make sure you've got a fan on to move air. If you put some lotion on him that would help too.

Quoting rHOPEb:

Yes.  This is normal!  Just like adults, kids are all different!!!  My son is a chunker and he is VERY hot natured!  He doesn't like socks, jackets, nor to be covered.  If he gets hot at night he won't sleep good either.  Try not to over heat him and just keep him 'comfy'.  

Drove me crazy in the hospital b/c the nurses kept swaddling my baby and putting the hat on him and he'd sweat and be fussy!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts