Babies

Featured Posts
mandapanda82
Is it common...????
January 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
For a baby that could possibly have reflux issues to want to feed alot? I've heard because the formula going in their belly soothes the reflux discomfort- I'm just trying to figure out if dd has it- taking her to pedi next week- thanks in advance :)

Replies

• mandapanda82
    January 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    Bump
  • mandapanda82
    January 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    Come on ladies! Help me out here! Bump
  • LoveMyCuties612
    January 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    Idk :/ bump!
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    January 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Not sure but a lot of times formula is the cause of vomiting. My second son threw up on formula but one he was on whole milk at a year he was fine. He was also on breastmilk before that and didn't throw up.

Reflux is over diagnosed because all babies have under developed GI tracts so they all have Reflux technically. If baby isn't vomiting constantly, in severe pain and discomfort, then its probably normal. Most babies grow out of it before a year once their GI system matures.
  • mrs.Martinez201
    January 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    Is she spitting up a lot? When their tunmys hurt they want to suck, try the pacific instead of feeding . Ds had reflux really bad but also had a protien allergy so it was a little different
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    January 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    It's more so the sucking that they want to do. Babies have a natural urge to suck, especially when they don't feel well. I know breastmilk is a natural antacid, but I've never heard of formula soothing reflux, usually it's what causes the reflux.
  • PhoenixsMommy10
    January 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

It can if the drinking is followed by a lot of spit up.

My nieces would drink a lot, and then most of it would just come back up.

• mandapanda82
    January 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    She doesn't really like pacis.. And she also hates being on her back. Yes alot of spit up

Quoting mrs.Martinez201:

Is she spitting up a lot? When their tunmys hurt they want to suck, try the pacific instead of feeding . Ds had reflux really bad but also had a protien allergy so it was a little different

• mandapanda82
    January 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    She hates being on her back too- she's gotta be inclined all the time could that be because of reflux?

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Not sure but a lot of times formula is the cause of vomiting. My second son threw up on formula but one he was on whole milk at a year he was fine. He was also on breastmilk before that and didn't throw up.

Reflux is over diagnosed because all babies have under developed GI tracts so they all have Reflux technically. If baby isn't vomiting constantly, in severe pain and discomfort, then its probably normal. Most babies grow out of it before a year once their GI system matures.

• mrs.Martinez201
    January 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    Have you tired different types my DD only took mini mams, she also hated being on her back. Really the only way to tell is the test they run. But yes it would be normal. Is it a little bit of spit up or more like vomiting?

Quoting mandapanda82:

She doesn't really like pacis.. And she also hates being on her back. Yes alot of spit up

Quoting mrs.Martinez201:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN