rugayah
when is the right time to have another baby?
by rugayah
January 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I have always wanted to have 2 kids but not sure how far apart they should be. my baby girl is 3months old. people have different views on this.some saying sooner be4 u forget,others say 4yrs. Is there a gud time?

Replies

• jessicaaris
    January 2, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I thought about 2-21/2 years was a good gap. It gives you a couple of years before you have to start over, so you child could possibly be potty trained, sleeping though the night, and hitting those milestones which make it a little easier to take care of them and a newborn. My DS and DD#1 are almost 3 years apart and my DD#1 and DD#2 are only 12 months apart so I kinda had a little of both, lol. And of course as long as you are financially able to provide for another child.

• erikays
    by erikays
    January 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    It's all up to you.

My boys are 4 yrs apart and my younger two are 19 months apart. It was a little difficult at first with the younger two but its a nice gap :)
  • B1Bomber
    January 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My hubby and his siblings are each 4 years apart and they never got along as kids. My brother and I are 4 years apart and we never got along as kids...seems like 4 years is about the most difficult gap for siblings. Bigger gaps mean they are in such different places that they don't have to share anything, and smaller gaps make it easier for them to share some things.

My son is 15 months old and my next one will be here any day now (I'm 37 weeks).

• mrsbrand
    January 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    We wanted our babies really close but it wasn't in the cards. This baby will be born just after dds 2nd birthday.
  • funhappymom
    January 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No one knows what is best for you, except you and your husband.

Our boys are 2 years apart and I love that age gap-most days.

My sisters and I  are 5 & 7 years apart. I personally think that was too far apart. It makes it hard for my older sister and my little sister to relate (I'm the middle).

• Simplefancy
    January 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    I think 2 years sounds good that's what dh and I are going to try for our daughter is going on 3 months also and we want #2 to be close in age but not so close that we have two babies in diapers
  • Summerlion1123
    January 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Developmentally I've read its easier on the first at age 3. Mine are 7 years apart though lol.
  • bpryce
    by bpryce
    January 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    A good time to have kids is what works for you and your family. My kids are 17months apart. It was very important for me to have kids less than 2yrs apart. Thats how close my siblings are. I want my kids to grow up with a friend.
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    January 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    From experience before 2 or after 3. My oldest two are 16 months apart. When my third was born my oldest was 4 and my second was almost 3.
  • sissy852
    January 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    with me my 2 are 12 months 3 weeks apart
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts