Babies

Featured Posts
alandou
Did you "just know"?
by alandou
December 30, 2012 at 5:01 AM

The day that you gave birth (besides a scheduled c-sec), did you have a feeling that you "just knew" it was going to happen that day? I did. I can remember everything about that day and thinking in the back of my mind that it was going to happen. At midnight on dd's due date, my water broke.

Replies

• iansmommy9
    December 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Not really. My dh made me call the doc in the early morning hours of my due date because of frequent urination (he thought it was my water breaking) and leg pain. Doc said it's nothing and come in for your scheduled appointment at 2. I spent the morning being a social butterfly in the office. I wasn't feeling contractions,but about an hour before I left for the doctor, I just got this feeling inside that I wasn't coming back to work until after maternity leave so I started checking and double checking everything was done. I printed my things to do list for my back up and was working on an email when my computer needed to be restarted. I stood up to turn it off and wham my water broke right there in my cube.  I was having NO contractions so my first thought was, OH CRAP how am I going to get out of here without anyone knowing. After I called my husband a coworker overheard me, got me some towels and I continued my emails until hubby arrived.

• babygomez
    December 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM

With my first, not until late in the evening that day. I just had this "weird" feeling, then my lower back started bothering me throughout the night.

Not with my second, an induction was scheduled.

• happysnappyJ
    December 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

With my first, I had no idea at all, it was a total shock when my water broke, but with my second, I knew the entire week before that it was going to happen very soon, and when I woke up the morning of, I knew that today was the day. 

• Kris_PBG
    December 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Nope - no signs at all.

• KylersMom8-16-7
    December 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    Well with my third I had a scheduled c-section and I knew he was coming but apparently he was ready because my mucus plug came out (first experience with that) and I was having contractions while getting ready to go to the hospital:-)
  • lauratupper
    December 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM

yes

• proudMom2634
    December 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM

No,. because we were already devastated and waiting for 1 month due date range..grrr!! 

• mandapanda82
    December 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    Well with dd2 I woke up with an urge to push but went in and they said no progress- but I knew I felt weird- them went for a walk and that night had her:)
  • ShanesMommy2012
    December 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    No. I had scheduled an induction for a few days later. But my OB stripped my membranes & that night I went to the hospital because I was bleeding. The next day they induced me.
  • Aleshad01
    December 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    No. I was always induced.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN