Babies

bbyB10
MY BREASTS MY BABY :////
by bbyB10
December 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I REALLY CAN'T STAND IT WHEN HEALTH " PROFESSIONALS" TELL ME TO WORK ON STOP BREAST FEEDING MY BABY !!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR........

It happened at her 12 month check up , AND today at her first dentist visit !!!!

WTH!?? SINCE WHEN IT IS ANYONE'S BUSINESS HOW I CHOSE TO BF MY BABY ?!!

YEA I'M PISSED ! Next visit which will be her 15 month check up , the doc wants her off the breast , sleep trained ( still wakes up at night for feedings ) , and I forgot the other thing , which is next month because she is now 14 months !

I stood up to the dentist today and told her that its MY personal choice , and I will stop whenever WE Are ready ! PLUS, My hubby promised me if I keep giving her booby he will get me another CC SKYE bag LOL , not really a reason, but something to look forward to . DAMM YOU BABY TRAINERS !!!!

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    December 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    Ok
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    December 28, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    The WHO recommends nursing until atleast 2 years old. You're doing a great job mama. :)
  • bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    December 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    IDK who that is but thank u and to think , I take my kids to the famous Children's Hospital of Los Angeles in Hollywood SUPPOSED to be the best doctors etcccc

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

The WHO recommends nursing until atleast 2 years old. You're doing a great job mama. :)

• larissalarie
    December 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Lol, ok first you've gotta calm down. If you're going to go against societal norms it would be wise to expect some resistance. You aren't going to help the cause any by ranting and being angry. (of course this being cm, you're likely going for drama, lol)
    Their OPINION is just that, so learn to let it roll of your back. Doctors aren't trained in parenting or breastfeeding, they are just spewing opinions like the next guy treat it as such even if most of the rest of society well act like those suggestions are a command.

So yeah, calm down and develop some confidence in your parenting. Then you won't care what random people tell you you HAVE to do. In fact random people are unlikely to tell you anything about your parenting when you're confident.
  • bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    December 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    Thanks and really I am just venting , no one else I know would understand

Quoting larissalarie:

Lol, ok first you've gotta calm down. If you're going to go against societal norms it would be wise to expect some resistance. You aren't going to help the cause any by ranting and being angry. (of course this being cm, you're likely going for drama, lol)

Their OPINION is just that, so learn to let it roll of your back. Doctors aren't trained in parenting or breastfeeding, they are just spewing opinions like the next guy treat it as such even if most of the rest of society well act like those suggestions are a command.

So yeah, calm down and develop some confidence in your parenting. Then you won't care what random people tell you you HAVE to do. In fact random people are unlikely to tell you anything about your parenting when you're confident.

• larissalarie
    December 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    :-)
    This is a great place to do that!

Quoting bbyB10:

Quoting larissalarie:

• bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    December 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    ;-)

Quoting larissalarie:

:-)

This is a great place to do that!

Quoting bbyB10:

Quoting larissalarie:

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    December 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    It's the World Health Organization. :)
    Doctors don't receive training in breastfeeding, never take what they say too serious, most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about lol

Quoting bbyB10:

IDK who that is but thank u and to think , I take my kids to the famous Children's Hospital of Los Angeles in Hollywood SUPPOSED to be the best doctors etcccc

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

• sugar38
    by sugar38
    December 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Quoting bbyB10:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

that hospital is not that famous lol i been there before i prefer ucla medical hospital but whenever u decide to stop breast feeding is your choice they cant tell u 

• bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    December 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    I didn't know that, but OK thanks for the info .

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

It's the World Health Organization. :)

Doctors don't receive training in breastfeeding, never take what they say too serious, most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about lol

Quoting bbyB10:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Babies