Babies

Featured Posts
november117
Bottles?
December 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Hi all! My baby gets breastmilk through a bottle and he started out wonderfully. He was eating an ounce every 2 hours and then hit a growth spurt and did cluster feeding and now as of late he wants two ounces every 2-3 hours. My issue is that he seems to be gulping a lot of air lately/spitting up either because he is so hungry when he eats and he is on a level 1 nipple or he is getting too much. When we don't give him the two ounces he roots around and gets angry and fussy but when we do he spits up. I do burp him after one ounce and then give him the other and burp him again. It seems like as soon as I put him in his Rock n Play he spits up. I do keep him upright on my chest for a while after feeding.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have had the same issues and if you have what bottle do you use? Right now we are using the Similac ones I got in the mail for free because he seemed to really like them. I have Dr. Brown's in my cupboard from when ds#1 was a baby (he will be 5 in March) because he had reflux and they seemed to help. My SIL also gave my Playtex Ventair. I would hate to keep rotating different kinds of bottles but I want to find what works best for my little guy. Any advice or input would be great! :)

Replies

• Slayton723
    December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    I use dr.brown wide neck. They are the only ones my dd doesn't spit up with. But every baby is different :/ good luck!
  • Dariensmom1
    December 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM

dr.browns are the best...keeps the bubbles down and air

• november117
    December 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    I think I will buy some new nipples and make the switch. They worked so well for my first ds.

Quoting Slayton723:

I use dr.brown wide neck. They are the only ones my dd doesn't spit up with. But every baby is different :/ good luck!

• november117
    December 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    Yeah, I have heard that and they did wonders for my first ds. I am not sure if it is the bottle or how fast he tries to gulp it down.

Quoting Dariensmom1:

dr.browns are the best...keeps the bubbles down and air

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN