november117
Bottles?
December 27, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Hi all! My baby gets breastmilk through a bottle and he started out wonderfully. He was eating an ounce every 2 hours and then hit a growth spurt and did cluster feeding and now as of late he wants two ounces every 2-3 hours. My issue is that he seems to be gulping a lot of air lately/spitting up either because he is so hungry when he eats and he is on a level 1 nipple or he is getting too much. When we don't give him the two ounces he roots around and gets angry and fussy but when we do he spits up. I do burp him after one ounce and then give him the other and burp him again. It seems like as soon as I put him in his Rock n Play he spits up. I do keep him upright on my chest for a while after feeding.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have had the same issues and if you have what bottle do you use? Right now we are using the Similac ones I got in the mail for free because he seemed to really like them. I have Dr. Brown's in my cupboard from when ds#1 was a baby (he will be 5 in March) because he had reflux and they seemed to help. My SIL also gave my Playtex Ventair. I would hate to keep rotating different kinds of bottles but I want to find what works best for my little guy. Any advice or input would be great! :)

Replies

• Slayton723
    December 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    I use dr.brown wide neck. They are the only ones my dd doesn't spit up with. But every baby is different :/ good luck!
  • Dariensmom1
    December 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM

dr.browns are the best...keeps the bubbles down and air

• november117
    December 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    I think I will buy some new nipples and make the switch. They worked so well for my first ds.

Quoting Slayton723:

I use dr.brown wide neck. They are the only ones my dd doesn't spit up with. But every baby is different :/ good luck!

• november117
    December 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    Yeah, I have heard that and they did wonders for my first ds. I am not sure if it is the bottle or how fast he tries to gulp it down.

Quoting Dariensmom1:

dr.browns are the best...keeps the bubbles down and air

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts