Babies

KeiraRose
Am I being over protective or is it a mom thing?
December 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Last Tuesday (Dec 4th) I gave birth to my first child miss Keira Rose and every since I've not wanted her out of my sight. I don't trust anyone with her (including my husband) unless I'm in the room watching. I wake up in the middle of the night just to make sure she's still breathing and no matter where we go or what we do I see all the dangers and what can hurt her. Is this normal? Will it get any better? Am I just going batshit crazy? Help fellow mommy's!

- I just want to add that no one in my family including my husband are a threat in any way to me or my daughter, I just feel like that having her in my arms is the only place she truly safe.

Replies

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    December 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Normal. lol

• motherslove82
    December 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Welcome to motherhood. LOL. It sounds normal to me. Will it get better? Yes and no. You will always think about all of the dangers, but you will learn that you can't live your life making decisions out of fear.

• Queen-of-3
    December 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM
    If your crazy then Im crazy too...i went through the same with my first....i now have three girls all together...with my youngest being five months....i can honestly say i think i have gotten little better...but especially now a days the best care is my care...i also take it to the point that i always feel like if anything happens if i wasn't there i would never forgive myself...do you think thats going to far and Im crazy???
  • 19_mommy
    December 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    Welcome to mommy hood.my son is 3 I still check in him to see he's breathing. An refuse to put him in his room to cry himself to sleep even tryouts his dad don't agree
  • mommyhonu
    December 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM

sounds very normal to me. (especially since it's your 1st born)

• TianaH808
    December 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    Sounds exactly like me! I just had my son 2 weeks ago! :)
  • MommyO2-6631
    December 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    I still feel this way about my 6 month old.
  • deviljrswifey
    December 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    Its fine, so normal. When i first had my daughter in Feb. this year, when ever she napped in her bassinet or crib i looked in it to check her every 5 mins.
  • alandou
    by alandou
    December 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    Totally normal. I was the same way with my husband for a while too.
  • Turtledoves
    December 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    Totally normal. My DD is 17 months. She's never been with anyone but mommy and/or daddy.

Babies