Babies

Featured Posts
Junebaby18
How to transition
December 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM
My dd will be 18 months old next week. She has been doing pretty good going pee on the potty chair. When should I start transitioning her to use the toilet? How do I make her not be scared to be up that high with a big wide hole under her?
Also, how do I teach her how to wipe? I have two older boys, so teaching a girl is very different.

Replies

• MrsApple
    December 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I let my daughter use the little potty until she could easily get on to the big potty with the use of a stool and potty seat.I think that was when she was closer to 3.She would use the big toilets in public but still needed me to help her on.There's no rush :)

• babygomez
    December 12, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Not sure, we don't use potty chairs at all. My daughter got up on a stool and balanced herself on the regular toilet with no problems.

I demonstrated on myself how to wipe, and would just remind her to wipe from front to back. Usually with urine, she does a wipe towards the back, through the front. With bm's, she wipes upward, through the back.

• kmorales7690
    December 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    I just let my daughter watch me do my business, she just one day reached for the tp and wiped her own booty lol it was too cute, get one of those seats that go on the toilet so that the baby doesn't feel like shea gonna fall in!
  • Junebaby18
    December 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Bump
  • Raeann11
    December 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM

We only use the potty that you put on the toilet. So no help there. You just have to keep showing her oh to wipe every time. She will get it one day. Both my older girls learned it at different times. 

• abra
    by abra
    December 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    I dont train them until later. Bump!
  • cabrandy03
    December 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Dd has always used the regular potty.  We just have one of those little plastic toddler seats that goes on the regular toilet so she dosn't fall in and a stool so she can get up there.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN