NicLof2
What does Christmas mean to you???
by NicLof2
December 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM
And what do you teach your LO's about Christmas?

We believe its Jesus's Birthday. We tell our kids the bible story of Jesus's birth and that we give gifts to each other because can't give them to Jesus like the wisemen did. We also make him a cake and sing Happy Birthday to him.

Replies

• erikays
    by erikays
    December 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    Thanks and it is! :)

Quoting NicLof2:

No judgment here, you are entitled to your beliefs. :-) I just thought this would be a fun post.

Quoting erikays:

Christmas means family to us and Santa visiting. We are far from religious.

• MommyO2-6631
    December 12, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    We clean out his room every october (his birthday is in November and we give all of the decent looking toys to the goodwill. He fights it every step of the way! I say if i haven't seen it since it went in the toy box last year it automatically goes but he'll see it and be like awww that's where it went!

Quoting NicLof2:

Could you try showing him the spirit of giving by talking him into giving his old stuff to the less fortunate to make room for new stuff! It's never to late to teach him the true meaning (Jesus's Birth) of Christmas. GOod luck!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I'm making Jesus a birthday cake this year. Ds1 grandparents have taught him that Chrostmas means everyone gives me presents and if they don't they don't love me... i swear if murder was legal! Anyways he's 7 so i think it's past rime to teach him the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of Jesus, family togetherness, kindness, and giving! That's what it means to me

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts