SarineLewis
11 mo old sleep issues (help please?)
December 11, 2012 at 5:11 AM
I have an 11 mo old son. Since birth we've coslept. Lately (thanks to teething) his sleep schedule has gone off course. Last time this happened it took about a month to get it back. I'm due with my second and need to get him in his crib. Everything everyone suggests for other things (bottle weaning, stopping cosleeping-tried before) just back fires and messes up his schedule. I'm afraid it will again. He loves cuddles. Any tips to easily transition him to his own bed? Lately we've been trying this: dh or I will get him to sleep and lay him down in our bed (crib not ready just yet) He will stay asleep for about 2 hours if that and then look for us and cry. Tonight when he woke he decided to stay awake (it's now one, ugh).
Cry it out will NOT work.
Also, how can I keep his wake/nap/sleep time the same? It's all over the place. Whenever he doesn't go to sleep I have dh take him and hold him. Eventually he gets bored, fusses for a while and goes to bed. I don't want him growing up to hate daddy cuddle time though.

Replies

• MumsTheWord571
    December 11, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    What I did was have the crib set up and ready. Then I would snuggle/ nurse DD to sleep. Once she was asleep I put her into the crib. When she woke up I would snuggle/nurse her back to sleep & put her in the crib. After 3-4 am I would just bring her back to bed with me.

Bedtime & nap time are the same. We sit in the rocking chair (in her room now, but was in my room) with the lights out, no noise, and nurse/snuggle to sleep. Then I lay her in her crib.

It took some time for her to get used to it, but now unless she's sick she sleeps from 830-630 am, nurses and sleeps again until 930-10!

Good luck.
  • MumsTheWord571
    December 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    Oh and since she sleeps so long at night she has a single nap around 2-3 pm. It's usually 1.5-2 hours.

Edited to add- she's 15 mo.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts