Babies

Featured Posts
alandou
the first week home...
by alandou
December 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM

If you had your baby away from home (or even home births could count), do you remember how you felt the first week you were home with your baby(ies)? The first week after I had DD, we had to stay in the hospital because she was in NICU. Once we got home, the first night was great, and then all I remember after that was being an emotional wreck. I had PPD and I dont remember many details.

Replies

• MrsApple
    December 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

It was pretty calm and quiet.Hubby took 6 wks off after she was born so we just hung out at home napping when baby napped.

• erikays
    by erikays
    December 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Zombie mode is how I felt, I've never been more exhausted and inlove at the same time :)
  • la_bella_vita
    December 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM

It was a blur and wonderful. I was overflowing with emotions and it felt surreal. I felt so blessed to have such healthy little babies

• CjEmmemommy
    December 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I had my son at home, the firdt week was great, my husband stayed home with us and then my mom came to town...

We snuggled and slept a lot:)

• bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    December 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    Awesome a dream come true , I was like a queen :))))
  • Junebaby18
    December 12, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    With my first, I don't remember much of anything (he is 17 years old). I do remember he wouldn't latch though. Finally got him to latch fully at 6 weeks old.

With my second, he got sick while in the hospital after having him. The day after I brought him home, he had to go back into the hospital since he wouldn't nurse and had a 100 degree fever.

With my dd, she was in the NICU for 5 days due to blood sugar issues and IVs. The next week or so was weaning her off the bottle.
  • C.H.E.L.S.E.A
    December 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Hectic. I was in the hospital for the first 5 days and had to go to the ER the day after we came home. I didn't really have much time to get the hang of taking care of my son at home that first week. Once we finally settled in more, it just moved too fast to remember much. I mainly remember trying to figure out some sort of routine/schedule and being unsuccessful at that lol

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts