Babies

Megan11587
Switching to toddler bed
December 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM
When do I switch my son to a toddler bed? He is starting to climb on things, so I'm afraid he will start to climb out of his crib, but he is only 9 months old and I feel this is too young. Thoughts?

Replies

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    We switched at age 2 for both our boys.
    They outgrow toddler bed very fast, not worth the money in my opinion. I'd save up and get a good twin bed that can grow with them for years.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM

My 2 yr olds bed
    Twin with side rail
  • Megan11587
    December 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    Well our crib switches to a toddler bed then a full size bed. Did you have issues with your kids climbing out of the crib?

Quoting AleaKat:

They outgrow toddler bed very fast, not worth the money in my opinion. I'd save up and get a good twin bed that can grow with them for years.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 10, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    Not really . If he is climbing out I think it's probably a good time to switch then.

Quoting Megan11587:

Well our crib switches to a toddler bed then a full size bed. Did you have issues with your kids climbing out of the crib?

Quoting AleaKat:

• mama-smurf
    December 10, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    My son still uses toddler bed and he will be 5. He got it when was 1. Dd will be 2 when I switch her
  • Megan11587
    December 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    Ok. He hasn't tried to climb out of that YET, but he's climbing onto sofas and stuff, so it's coming soon I think. I'll keep an eye on it and when he starts trying to climb the crib ill switch- thanks :)

Quoting AleaKat:

Not really . If he is climbing out I think it's probably a good time to switch then.

Quoting Megan11587:

Quoting AleaKat:

• alphamom26
    December 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM

We switched our DS when he was 18 months, but he has always been a very careful child. We are going to wait longer for our DD, and probably start her with a crib mattress on the floor. She is a tornado, lol :) She climbs on her brother's bed and dives off headfirst. She has done it 10 times, gotten hurt a few times, and still hasn't learned where/what the "edge" is. She is my "danger, danger" child...Sigh... :)

• erikays
    by erikays
    December 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    Is your mattress lowered all the way down?

We switched our kids when they started crawling out. My daughter is 2 and still sleeps in her crib, for now. We plan on setting up her toddler bed in January.
  • Megan11587
    December 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yeah it is.  He is one determined baby lol

Quoting erikays:

We switched our kids when they started crawling out. My daughter is 2 and still sleeps in her crib, for now. We plan on setting up her toddler bed in January.

• erikays
    by erikays
    December 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    They use to make crib tents, when I use to work at babies r us. I'm not sure if they still make them.

Quoting Megan11587:

Yeah it is.  He is one determined baby lol

Quoting erikays:

Babies