emilymomma133
what sleep training worked best for you?
December 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM
My DD is 6 months old and wakes every 2-3 hours to breastfeed. She sleeps in a cosleeper next to me. She has about 3 inches before she outgrows it! My DH wants her in her own room like yesterday, but she just screams if she cant see me. I will not do the farber method, but would like to hear what works best out there. Thanks.

Replies

• 1stpreggers
    December 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    I'm not sure what sleep training is so here's a bump!
  • sissy852
    December 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM
    here is a bump.
  • pinkiebabii
    December 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM
    Ds is in bed with me still at 8 months. If you are breast feeding it is important not to sleep train before one.
  • armyvet06
    December 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM
    I have never really had to do it. Maybe what you could do is let her fall asleep with you and then put her in her own room/bed. Or stay with her in her own room until she falls asleep? Thats the best i can come up with since dd has always been great with sleeping.
  • SewingMamaLele
    December 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Sidecar her crib... or put her in her crib to start the night, and then bring her to bed after that.   It's quite normal for babies to nurse throughout the night all of the first year (and you've got an esspecially bad period coming up very soon).   If DH wants her in her own bed, then HE gets to put her to bed and HE gets to get up and get her at night and bring her to you to nurse... then sit up with you until she's ready to be put back down.

He will stop bugging about it real quick like!   :)

• mommy06and09
    December 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    is that because of supply problems? i breastfeed too and was thinking of sleep training my 5 month old in the next month or two so i would love to know too! thanks.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Ds is in bed with me still at 8 months. If you are breast feeding it is important not to sleep train before one.

• pinkiebabii
    December 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM
    Yes it can cause supply problems and breastmilk is digested so fast they usually still need night time feedings.

Quoting mommy06and09:

is that because of supply problems? i breastfeed too and was thinking of sleep training my 5 month old in the next month or two so i would love to know too! thanks.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I breastfed on demand at night, even when my son transitioned to a crib.  We started around 6 months and he was in his crib full-time by 8 months.  However, I still breastfed him each time he woke to eat, usually once at that age, though sometimes two times.

• Summerlion1123
    December 10, 2012 at 2:57 AM
    I don't know about sleep training, but to help you at least be able to leave the room give her the shirt you were wearing that day. Also, try a night light. Something that wont be too bright but won't make it so dark. You could try white noise, maybe a machine or bathroom fan. I suggest getting her used to being alone in your room before moving her to her own. Can you get a bassinet next to your bed so she's still in the room and can see you but isn't in your bed? Just some suggestions that might make things easier for you now and help the transition later.
  • louzannalady
    December 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM
    I just nurse my babies to sleep. Then, once they are around a year I just move them to a toddler bed with a rail, once they are asleep.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts