MakenzisMom0511
Diaper Rash
December 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

my baby is 3 weeks old and has had a diaper rash for about 2 weeks now last week I took her to the Doctor and they told me stop using the wipes and just use water and cloths and gave me some cream for her so I stopped using the wipes and changed my brand of diapers just in case and been using the cream. I have always changed her often so I know it is not that. well her rash is still there. its bumby and only on the legs like where the diaper sits and on the butt where it gets the most contact. anyone have any advice for this?? could it be diapers all together??? should I switch to cloth diapers??

Replies

• Countrygerl
    December 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Is there bumps on the red spots? If there is take her to the pedi soon because it could be yeast infection I know my kids get it alot and I change them constantly.

• MakenzisMom0511
    December 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

ya it is bumby and it has been like that since I first took her last week and Im thinking maybe they missed that or something cause this cream is not working

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    December 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    Cloth diapers can help avoid rash, but they don't reverse it.

Try a bit of bare butt time just to let it sort of breathe.
    My MIL gave me some wash that goes in the bath water to help ease rash. I can't remember what it's called but it might help you. (google can find it for you) and do look into the yeast infection route just incase.
  • Countrygerl
    December 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Okay now I deffinatly think it is yeast infection. My dds have had it so many times I have lost count. So you will have to take her to the pedi and he will confirm it by just looking at it. He will give a creme to put on the redness and bumps and it will sooth it and make it go away. But until then keep using wet washcloths instead of wipes because the alchoal in the wipes burn when you use it on her. You could also give her some baby tylenol if she is in pain and if she is old enough to get food. Feed her yougert. Believe it or not it will help. This is what my pedi told me when our dd first got yeast infection. But I do suggest you get her to your pedi ASAP because it will only get worse until she gets treatment.

Quoting MakenzisMom0511:

ya it is bumby and it has been like that since I first took her last week and Im thinking maybe they missed that or something cause this cream is not working

• ilovemyboys84
    December 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    I swear by unrefined pure coconut oil. I use it on diaper rash...heat rash...eczema lol its a life saver. My youngest had a horrid rash over the summer because.the babysitter let him get wet in a puddle and let him stay that way in Jean shorts for like an hr...she was fired but still had a horrid rash. I used the coconut oil and air time...it was gone in 2 days :)
  • captaincw322
    December 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM
    My dd never had a yeast infection, but anytime we switched to the generic diapers she would end up with a blistery rash. We only use huggies, and swaddlers when she was young enough. If it is a bad rash, leave her on a few towels, or water-proof changing pad without a diaper on. Air will help dry it out. Otherwise layer on the vaseline and PURPLE desitin. The purple has a higher content of an ingredient which is supposed to help it heal (zinc, maybe? I cant remember)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts