Babies

abra
What was the worst postpartum issue for you?
by abra
December 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

The baby blues, full on ppd, stretch marks, cramping, exhaustion?

Replies

• suroundedbyboys
    December 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I think I had baby blues after #3. I cried a lot for no reason, I guess I was overwhelmed, it dissipated after a bit. I had a really hard recovery, it was my 3rd csection and I was in a lot of pain that I didn't have with the previous 2. I also lost my appetite for a few weeks after surgery and had to force myself to eat 2 weeks pp I was down 30+ lbs. 

• ladybugchar
    December 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    The first I was great. The second I had ppd and I'm still dealing with the hairloss (he is 8 months)
  • calvinsmommy18
    December 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    I work about 30 or so hours a week. And work is 40 mins away. Luckily now dd is almost 11 months and she's usually pretty content to play on her own. Usually the only time I get cleaning done though is on my days off and sometimes at night after work when the kids are sleeping.

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

I'm so there with you, except DD is now 16 months! I work a few days a week so on Mondays and Wednesdays when I am home she just wants to nurse and cuddle all day, I get nothing done!! I live about 3 minutes from work, so I come home at lunch and do crazy cleaning.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Not being able to keep the house clean. Since baby always wanted to be held for about the first 2 months.

• SaraSnider
    December 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    with my first would been the cut they gave me and i could sit with out pain for 4weeks
    This baby would be my ppd that i need to go in for
  • addykarder19
    December 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    my boobs! i have a high milk supply and it is VERY painful
  • stargazerwolf
    December 9, 2012 at 10:50 PM

With the first healing from the csection, it was painful to get up out of bed because of the incision pulling and it was hard to walk because my back and pelvis was all out of place but couldn't go to the chiropractor because of the csection needing to heal. With the second it was healing from the second degree tear (did a VBAC) I couldn't sit directly on anything and the stiches down below pulled. I'm also now struggling to loose extra baby weight this time (shes 7 months). I think when I have a 3rd as long as I get to do a vaginal birth again it will be easier this time, the second is supposed to be easier and I think I'll do better with the pushing (not pushing so very hard she's out in a few minutes) so that I don't tear so much or maybe not at all. The recovery from both types of births was painful but even though it hurt to sit with the vaginal, it was worse after the csection because I couldn't get up for about 24 hours due to the spinal anesthesia and it took a bit after that before I could take care of her properly, I hated not being able to get up and get her to feed her or change her, I had to have her brought to me. After the VBAC I was up almost immediatly (as soon as the epidural wore off) and could easily take care of her.

• kewi86
    by kewi86
    December 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

exhaustion

• Craftykatie89
    December 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I feel really guilty about not be able to clean the apartment everyday. My 3 month old likes to be held companyconstantly, I can't get anything it does it seems. I am tired and just depressed. I don't feel good about how I look and that doesn't feel good. I'm also having trouble nursing, my milk supply is really low, I'm having to give him formula and I really don't want to. Any suggestions?

• captaincw322
    December 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    None of the above, but I had a horrible time getting my newborn to latch on correctly, if that can be considered pp?
  • cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    December 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I was pretty blessed with both my kids and didn't really have any problems after birth.

Babies