Babies

Featured Posts
CheesyKitty
Name Help!! PIOG.
December 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM
So found out I'm having a girl!! YEA!! However, I want to name her Lillynne Nicole but call her Lilly.

My Sil has a niece already that we see on a semi-regular basis who is a Lilly. And There are 2 Nikki's in the family as well. Dh is using his Veto on my name now that his mom pointed this out.

DAMN it!! I LOVE the name!! And no other name sounds as "right" to me. I have to come up with something completely new.

I said Abigail James but he doesn't like that either. Please don't tell me I can name her whatever I want because after much fighting I consented to finding a new name.

So your mission, should you choose to accept it, find a semi-unusual but classic name that sounds good with Lorelai Grace.

"Final" name choice Abigail Rose

Replies

• Turtledoves
    December 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    I love classic names! My list of favorite classic girl names:

Cecelia (CeCe)
    Alice
    Penelope
    Katherine
    Charlotte
    Eleanore
    Evangeline
    Juliet
    Lucy
    Claire
    Fiona
  • Nicki1995
    December 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Sophia Claire, Alexandria Shae, Alexis Marie, Stephanie Rose, Daisy Leigh, Samantha Bree..Just some ideas lol
  • expectantmom81
    December 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    The name I always wanted but had boys is Emma but honestly do what you want. We named our second son Connor which I wanted even though hubby's cousin had a son abmonth before and gave him the same name. She did spell it different though with er instead of or.
  • crabtreemommy
    December 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Savannah

Ameila (Melli for short!)

Natalie

Elizabeth

Allison

Reagan

Victoria

Charlotte

Katherine

Ariel

• jen6807
    by jen6807
    December 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Beth
    Celia
    Claire
    Natalie
    I love all of those :)
  • KDouglas2
    December 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I love Chelsea.....and Morgan..

• January1964
    December 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM

How do you pronounce Lillynne?

• la_bella_vita
    December 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Sophia, Alice, Amelia, Amalia, Clara, Nora, Cora, Nola, Madeline, Adelaide

• CheesyKitty
    December 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    Lil-Lin

Quoting January1964:

How do you pronounce Lillynne?

• abra
    by abra
    December 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I totally agree that you need to agree with Dh on baby's name. I hate it when women pretend they can override their husbands preferences. Ok, on to your trouble, with my little sister (back in the 90s) my parents were stuck between Lily and Coral. They went with Coral (but she is 19 now and it's still not a popular name, so if you like it, you're probably safe). Other names my parents used for their daughters were Cana, Naomi, and myself; Abra. 

Good luck! And Congratulations on your daughter! They are so much fun to raise!! You're gonna have a riot! 

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN