Babies

alandou
Moms with more than one...was it planned?
by alandou
December 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM

If you're a mama with more than one child, was/were your other child(ren) planned? Surprise? What was your reaction? Did you feel that you were really ready for another LO? Did you have any doubts or concerns about raising another child (this could mean anything from finances, marital/relationship stability, emotional stability, etc). Sorry so many questions. I'm just interested in hearing some stories if you would like to share. Feel free to comment as little or as much as you would like.

Replies

• mommyhonu
    December 6, 2012 at 2:37 AM

well, my 2nd child was planned. I remember talking to hubby about it and he said "sounds good to me."

when I talked to hubby about having a 3rd ... well let's just say we were talking about having another and, Tah-Dah hapai with the 3rd! Yes, I know that it takes more than talking *giggle*!

• sissy852
    December 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM
    Ds1 was planned it took 3 years to get preggo with him. Ds2 i am 36 weeks preggo was a big surprise. It took 5 pg tests and a ultra sound for dh to believe it. I am a little nervous because ds1 is only 1 and i will have 2 under 2 when he is born.
  • alandou
    by alandou
    December 6, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Oh, I believe you were talking about it...inbetween the sheets! wink

Quoting mommyhonu:

well, my 2nd child was planned. I remember talking to hubby about it and he said "sounds good to me."

when I talked to hubby about having a 3rd ... well let's just say we were talking about having another and, Tah-Dah hapai with the 3rd! Yes, I know that it takes more than talking *giggle*!

• alandou
    by alandou
    December 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I remember your previous post about this and you feeling nervous. Are you feeling any better about it?

Quoting sissy852:

Ds1 was planned it took 3 years to get preggo with him. Ds2 i am 36 weeks preggo was a big surprise. It took 5 pg tests and a ultra sound for dh to believe it. I am a little nervous because ds1 is only 1 and i will have 2 under 2 when he is born.

• sissy852
    December 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    yes i am feeling better now. Thank you for asking.

Quoting alandou:

I remember your previous post about this and you feeling nervous. Are you feeling any better about it?

Quoting sissy852:

• babygomez
    December 6, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Both kids were not planned, but we were elated both times. :)

With our first, we just stopped using the "pull-out method" one day, and I got pregnant immediatetly (we had been doing this for almost 3 years).

I got pregnant with our second when a certain someone didn't "pull out" fast enough. Lol I was extremely happy for our daughter, as she was going to become a big sister. We all were ready for him. :)

• Fields456
    December 6, 2012 at 4:05 AM

My first dd was a surprise Ds was planned but was conceived slightly before we planned.  My first post trying appointment ended up my first prenatal appointment 

• anikahaynes1
    December 6, 2012 at 4:08 AM
    My second was kind of planned. We wanted another. Then I got a good job so we stopped ttc but it was too late. 3 weeks into my job I found out I was pregnant.

I was very nervous and emotional about it. I suddenly didn't feel ready about it any more. I quit my job and returned to sahm status. Things were rocky after the second because she was a very high maintenance baby. She didn't start mellowing out until close to 3. And I still have my moments with her. The biggest struggle was comparing my youngest to my oldest. Having to learn to separate that was difficult. Especially since my first was do easy I would day dream about my youngest being like her sister. Wishing she would change. I know I'm horrible. But things got better with lots of time. I never neglected youngest but it took lots of time and patients to really form that bond.
  • TTC2Long
    December 6, 2012 at 4:09 AM
    Ds1 took 2+ years and was VERY planned. This pregnancy, dh said, "I'm gonna knock you up this month." And he did! I got my bfp that first month of trying! :)
  • little.worthen
    December 6, 2012 at 4:10 AM
    Planned. I want three, the next one will be in two more years

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts