kirstina
hubby has our 5 year old up late for the second night in a row.
December 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Last night I had sent the kids to bed at 9pm. My 5 year old was still awake laying down when hubby decided to go the Walmart and since our 5 year son was still awake he asked him if he wanted to go. So at 10pm they went to walmart they got home around midnight and my son was finally asleep around 1am. Well tonight my son was laying in his bed and at 9:30pm my hubby comes home in with a big blow up snowman and more Christmas light and he gets our son up to help him. Its a few minutes after 11 now and our son is still up. I am annoyed but because our son really should be in bed asleep however I am glad that they are spending time together. My hubby doesnt get to spend alot of one on one time with our son because he is aways busy working.

Replies

• Lorelai_Nicole
    December 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    Does he have school in the morning?
  • lauratupper
    December 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

As long as he is still getting enough sleep and it isn't bothering him too much during the day, I would let them spend the time together. Your dh probably just wants to spend the extra time with his boy, which is a very good thing at that age!

• calvinsmommy18
    December 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    As long as he's not hard to get up in the morning I guess. My ds is a nightmare to get up in the morning if he doesn't get at least 10 hourss of sleep.
  • kirstina
    December 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    he is homeschooled. so he can sleep in.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Does he have school in the morning?
  • MommyO2-6631
    December 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    As long as he gets some sleep :) glad to see some father son bonding!
  • abra
    by abra
    December 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    Have you discussed (not when your upset)your feelings with your husband? It is really important for kids to have Daddy time, and especially since you homeschool, it won't effect him to go to bed late a couple times, but you also don't want your son thinking Mommy's bedtime rules are optional. It sounds like you and your DH should sit down and compromise so you aren't sending mixed messages to your son.
  • Lorelai_Nicole
    December 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    Very well-said.

Quoting abra:

Have you discussed (not when your upset)your feelings with your husband? It is really important for kids to have Daddy time, and especially since you homeschool, it won't effect him to go to bed late a couple times, but you also don't want your son thinking Mommy's bedtime rules are optional. It sounds like you and your DH should sit down and compromise so you aren't sending mixed messages to your son.
  • kirstina
    December 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM
    tonight has been a battle to get my son to bed. i sent him to bed at 8pm and its 10 til 10 and he keeps getting up.

Quoting abra:

• Dragonmamas
    Ari
    December 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    Him having time with the children is important. If this is all he has, let him have it.
  • abra
    by abra
    December 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    So, did you discuss it with your hubby?

Quoting kirstina:

tonight has been a battle to get my son to bed. i sent him to bed at 8pm and its 10 til 10 and he keeps getting up.

Quoting abra:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts