babygomez
Would you ever consider allowing YOUR dad to be in the delivery room when giving birth?
December 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM

confused

Replies

• twogirl91
    December 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM

No, but I'm not very close to my dad.

• babygomez
    December 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM

No, the way our relationship is now, no. If we were as close as my mom and I are, then yes, I would.

• MrsKoolaidPunk
    December 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

No, I felt it was a special thing between her daddy and I. So, I only allowed him in the room.

• SaraLovesEli29
    December 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    I would. But he'd never ask or want to be. My dad even attended my baby shower and played games and everything. And was the only man there. I'd be honored if he was one of the people in the delivery room and was one of the first people to meet my child.
  • shortyali
    December 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Not while giving birth but my dad did go in to pre-op with me when I was having my section with my DD. I was really nervous and stressed out and so was DH so my dad offered to come in with us to help keep us calm. He cut jokes with DH to help him keep his mind off things and he kept picking on me and bashing my evil nurse when needed to help me, lol.
  • NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    December 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    My dad really wants to be (specially since my 2nd ds was born on his bday) and I kinda want him to be but I'm conservative so I feel a little weird by it so does dh but we'll see for the next one.
  • Turtledoves
    December 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    Hell no. Especially since I usually birth naked. Awkward.
  • ChristyG2012
    December 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    I don't have a dad. But I was raised w/ my Gpa & I would not have let him in there w/ me!