Maria_Peanut
Ideas , Please ?
December 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM
What can i feed my one year old ?

She turned one yesterday and only has two teeth.

So far, she doesn't like oatmeal. All i have so far is baby food and PB&J. And fresh fruit.

Replies

• Maria_Peanut
    December 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    Or things NOT to feed her, please :)

She's kinda refusing anything but the boob...
  • Eliots_momma
    December 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    You can feed her about anything. I would just offer her whatever you are eating.
  • Maria_Peanut
    December 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    So there are no guidelines ?

I was going to ask at her pediatrician appointment but its not for a week.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

You can feed her about anything. I would just offer her whatever you are eating.
  • lauratupper
    December 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM

at one year you can feed her anything, just make sure they are small pieces that she can't choke on, the only things you have to be cautious about is shellfish and nuts if there are food allergies in the family.

• kirstina
    December 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

She can eat just about anything. Green beans, corn, chicken cut up, cooked and cut carrots.

• stargazerwolf
    December 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Anything that is small pieces or somewhat mashed, though they suggest not hot dogs unless its like sliced then cut in half again so its not whole circles (or better yet diced). Probably no popcorn or hard candies (though candy for a one year old I wouldn't do anyway). Probably nothing with too many spices, like if you make chicken breasts don't add all the extra seasonings, though I'm sure a little onion powder or something wouldn't hurt as kids do have to gradually get used to those kinds of things. Just make sure its all soft or diced up. Good luck weaning :)

• Marimaru
    December 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Steamed carrots (soft enough that they squish in your fingers) or any number of steamed veggies really that she can mash on her gums.  And fruit too.

• Maria_Peanut
    December 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    Oh im not weaning her yet :)

Thanks!

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Anything that is small pieces or somewhat mashed, though they suggest not hot dogs unless its like sliced then cut in half again so its not whole circles (or better yet diced). Probably no popcorn or hard candies (though candy for a one year old I wouldn't do anyway). Probably nothing with too many spices, like if you make chicken breasts don't add all the extra seasonings, though I'm sure a little onion powder or something wouldn't hurt as kids do have to gradually get used to those kinds of things. Just make sure its all soft or diced up. Good luck weaning :)

• Junebaby18
    December 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    Pretty much anything is ok. I would avoid nuts since she doesn't have any molars to chew it up, and it's also a choking hazard.
  • mommyhonu
    December 5, 2012 at 3:59 AM

this

Quoting lauratupper:

at one year you can feed her anything, just make sure they are small pieces that she can't choke on, the only things you have to be cautious about is shellfish and nuts if there are food allergies in the family.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts