Babies

Featured Posts
Maria_Peanut
Ideas , Please ?
December 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM
What can i feed my one year old ?

She turned one yesterday and only has two teeth.

So far, she doesn't like oatmeal. All i have so far is baby food and PB&J. And fresh fruit.

Replies

• erikays
    by erikays
    December 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    My kids ate everything we did, she just shredded the chicken and dived the veggies small.
  • larissalarie
    December 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    This is what I've done with all 3 of mine.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

You can feed her about anything. I would just offer her whatever you are eating.
  • crabtreemommy
    December 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Small cut up portions of anything!

• larissalarie
    December 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Great advice!
    However there's no reason not to season your child's food the same way as everyone else's...unless you just want them to develop a taste for bland foods :-)

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Anything that is small pieces or somewhat mashed, though they suggest not hot dogs unless its like sliced then cut in half again so its not whole circles (or better yet diced). Probably no popcorn or hard candies (though candy for a one year old I wouldn't do anyway). Probably nothing with too many spices, like if you make chicken breasts don't add all the extra seasonings, though I'm sure a little onion powder or something wouldn't hurt as kids do have to gradually get used to those kinds of things. Just make sure its all soft or diced up. Good luck weaning :)

• stargazerwolf
    December 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Thanks, I'm just saying not too many seasonings because my boyfriend and I put a lot of seasonings on our meat, my boyfriend also likes spicy food so I wouldn't want to give that to a toddler :) Yes I do agree they have to get used to spices but I wouldn't want to season a toddlers food as much as we season ours because I'd be afraid of an upset stomach ;)

Quoting larissalarie:

Great advice!
    However there's no reason not to season your child's food the same way as everyone else's...unless you just want them to develop a taste for bland foods :-)

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Anything that is small pieces or somewhat mashed, though they suggest not hot dogs unless its like sliced then cut in half again so its not whole circles (or better yet diced). Probably no popcorn or hard candies (though candy for a one year old I wouldn't do anyway). Probably nothing with too many spices, like if you make chicken breasts don't add all the extra seasonings, though I'm sure a little onion powder or something wouldn't hurt as kids do have to gradually get used to those kinds of things. Just make sure its all soft or diced up. Good luck weaning :)

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN