Babies

Featured Posts
GE1
My 11 month old resists taking naps
by GE1
December 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM

It has been happening for a while now. He gets tired at predictable times but will fight me tooth and nail and will not take a nap in the morning hours and then he will take a nap just before his afternoon nap but only for an hour. Bedtime is the same story and will fight tooth and nail to stay up. I have no idea what to do to get him to sleep

Replies

• Raeann11
    December 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Sounds like he does not need morning naps any more. For his afternoon. Sounds like he is getting what he needs. My second never took long naps. Maybe an hour and by two she no longer took them. 

Have you tried sounds machines, bath before bed, reading a story. With our second it is we have to have a snack, get ready for bed, read a story and say good night(hugs and kiss). If not we fight with her to go to bed. 

Just need to find out what works and does not. 

• abra
    by abra
    December 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    My kids usually only nap once a day at that age. Around 1 o clock and then are in bed by 8 that evening. If he isn't super cranky, I'd just let him stay awake during the day.
  • GE1
    by GE1
    December 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

His bedtime routine has always been bath, massage, pj's story and then nursing him to sleep unfortunately now afternursing he wants to play but then DH will rock him to sleep 30minutes later

Quoting Raeann11:

Sounds like he does not need morning naps any more. For his afternoon. Sounds like he is getting what he needs. My second never took long naps. Maybe an hour and by two she no longer took them. 

Have you tried sounds machines, bath before bed, reading a story. With our second it is we have to have a snack, get ready for bed, read a story and say good night(hugs and kiss). If not we fight with her to go to bed. 

Just need to find out what works and does not. 

• Mrs.Velasquez
    December 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    My oldest was like that. I just stopped fighting it.

With Lexy she gets grumpy so I know she's ready for a nap. I will let her tire her self out, before trying. Same with bedtime, but I try to keep at around 10pm for bed time. Then she'll wake up super early. Lol
  • la_bella_vita
    December 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Maybe cut out morning naps

• nicole2884
    December 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

he could be transitions to the one middle of the day nap ?

• andersongirl562
    December 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    We mever let naps be an option. Our kids took naps intil they were in kindergarten. Although we only did one nap by that age.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Sorry, I don't know. :( If you cut his morning nap, he might sleep better for the afternoon and the evening.

• cowgirls10181
    December 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    Mine does it too and we are now 13 months old and still do it. Some days i let her cry for a few minutes then put her to bed. Its a tough road being mom. Some tomes we have to do what seams mean but its for them because they need it!
  • kirstina
    December 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Time to change to one nap. Make it a little earlier than the second nap was and it might help. You might have to move bedtime up a little earlier.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts