rach_mommy
Diaper rash cream?!
December 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
My 3 week old has had diaper rash for a week or more and it seems like it has just gotten worse :/ I've been using Desitin and it just doesn't seem to be working. Is there a brand you would recommend?

Replies

• crystalplus1
    December 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I would do the triple paste. My son gets it bad when hes teething, and his bottom blisters. Try an oatmeal bath as well, let him be nakey for a little bit everyday. It can be messy but really helps. And if it still will not clear up, take him to the dr, could be something else.

• MaddieBsMommy
    December 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

always beware that sometimes diaper rashes that don't clear are yeast....and they require prescription.....but I agree with triple paste, it's great....along with A&D they're what I use most frequently

• kdgord
    by kdgord
    December 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    We used to use desitin and corn startch for diaper rash. Now we use rump rub from lil outlaws.
  • keriley1
    December 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

That happened to my daughter but it ended up being the brand of diapers we used. Once we switched from pampers to huggies we didn't have the problem anymore. There is something in the pampers dri-max that made my daughter (and a bunch of other kids around the same time) break out in a really bad diaper rash that wouldn't go away. This was in 2009 tho so maybe they fixed that?

• sVaca
    by sVaca
    December 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

did u try the desitin advanced (purple bottle). ive used aveeno baby rash cream on my kids too

• saralia
    by saralia
    December 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    We use Earth mama angel baby. All natural and works great. It could be fungal though so you might want to see a doc if its really bad. Be sure to give baby's butt some air time with no diaper too. My pediatrician also told me to mix a bit of Mylanta in a sink of warm water and let baby sit there for 15 minutes or so. Sounds weird but it actually worked, though they were much older then.
  • YzmaRocks
    December 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    I use coconut oil.
  • mitty18
    by mitty18
    December 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Do you breastfeed?
    If so squirt some of that on the babies booty at each change and let baby go diaper free for a while.
    Also you can get the Vitamin E capsules and break them open. Squeeze the VitE on the booty and let go naked for a while.

• tyrelsmom
    December 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    A rash that won't go away is often yeast. Only cure for that is an antifungal cream or fresh air (lots of diaper-free time.) Yeast likes warm, dark, wet places. No wonder it crops up in the diaper area.
  • mama2my2boys
    December 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    yes you may need to take baby to dr could be a fungus...my daughter had it her dr gave her some creme and i used that and a&d between......and now that its gone and has been for a while i use a&d at almost every diaper change red or not....i used to use bag balm but cant find it in walmart anymore....its in the pet section its for cuts and rashes on horses cows wtc and that stuff wokred really good...im shure if i went to a pet store or something id find it....it comes in a square green tin......desatin isnt that great and ive noticed it dont really work on bad rashes

Quoting tyrelsmom:

A rash that won't go away is often yeast. Only cure for that is an antifungal cream or fresh air (lots of diaper-free time.) Yeast likes warm, dark, wet places. No wonder it crops up in the diaper area.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts