Featured Posts
Emma1918
Wil it always hurt
December 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Will it always hurt to breast feed

Replies

• Lovebugbaby
    December 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

It's actually not suppose to hurt to breastfeed if the baby has a proper latch. 

I've learnt that the hard way. The first 10 months of nursing was amazing, until she started growing teeth and changing her latch. It hurts now, but that's only because I haven't been able to correct it yet. 

• Groove
    by Groove
    December 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    if you're JUST starting, some discomfort might be expected. your nipples have to get used to being used as a food source. Its NOT normal if you have cracked/bleeding nipples. If that's the case, youtube some different holds and how to latch a baby. Or go to kellymom.
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    December 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    How old is baby? Is it only painful when you latch or throughout the feeding? Is there any damage to your nipples? Have you seen a lactation consultant?
  • abra
    by abra
    December 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    Exactly.

Quoting Groove:

if you're JUST starting, some discomfort might be expected. your nipples have to get used to being used as a food source. Its NOT normal if you have cracked/bleeding nipples. If that's the case, youtube some different holds and how to latch a baby. Or go to kellymom.
  • Emma1918
    December 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    She is less then a day old she was born at 433 this morning they told me it would hurt but I just really hurt when feeding her

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

How old is baby? Is it only painful when you latch or throughout the feeding? Is there any damage to your nipples? Have you seen a lactation consultant?

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    My lactation consultant said it'll only hurt if you're not doing it right.
    Mine never hurt.
  • abra
    by abra
    December 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    You are building up caluses on your nipples. I remember crying everytime I fed my first newborn for the first couple days. It got much better after that. Hang in there! ((hugs))

Quoting Emma1918:

She is less then a day old she was born at 433 this morning they told me it would hurt but I just really hurt when feeding her

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

• abra
    by abra
    December 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    And congratulations!!
  • Turtledoves
    December 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    It'll probably hurt or feel discomfort for the first two weeks. Once your nipples are used to it and they toughen up, the pain goes away.
  • Laulaulu321
    December 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    It only hurts in the beginning unless the baby is latched wrong. But if that's the case your supply will most likely decrease and you'll know.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts