Featured Posts
Emma1918
Wil it always hurt
December 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Will it always hurt to breast feed

Replies

• Emma1918
    December 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    She has been falling asleep when she is feeding but if u take her off she is fussy
  • Junebaby18
    December 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    It's ok for baby to fall asleep while feeding. Don't unlatch baby, let her come off on her own. To get her to nurse more, tickle or rub her feet and undress her to wake her up.

You also do NOT get caluses on your nipples. I am bf my third baby and I have never had a caluse on my nipple. If you get one, it is probably because baby is latching on wrong.

Quoting Emma1918:

She has been falling asleep when she is feeding but if u take her off she is fussy
  • Emma1918
    December 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    In the pass couple of day I feel that Adam has had no time with baby bc of me feeding her
  • Junebaby18
    December 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    Have him burp the baby, change diapers, give baths(once cord falls off), and chane clothes. Feeding isn't the only way to bond.

Quoting Emma1918:

In the pass couple of day I feel that Adam has had no time with baby bc of me feeding her
  • mommyhonu
    December 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM

agreed

Quoting Groove:

if you're JUST starting, some discomfort might be expected. your nipples have to get used to being used as a food source. Its NOT normal if you have cracked/bleeding nipples. If that's the case, youtube some different holds and how to latch a baby. Or go to kellymom.

• Raeann11
    December 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I know for me the first few seconds did. But as time went on it did not anymore. I needed to give them time to get use to it. 

But when we did not have the latch right. If the latch was not right that few second keep going. So I knew I needed to unlatch and try again. 

• kellymom127
    December 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

have you had your baby checked out to see if they have thrush? is the baby opening wide enough so the position is correct?

• stargazerwolf
    December 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Definatly don't just pull baby off, like another said, break suction with inserting your finger on the side of the mouth, if baby gets fussy when unlatched then he probably just fell asleep but is still hungry. Breastmilk is very comforting to them, I used to sort of tickle her cheek, nose or chin to wake her up enough to finish eating because they do often fall asleep. I also never got caluses on my nipples, they just seemed to get used to it. I also agree that daddy can do diaper changes, dressing, baths etc. Also lots of holding and playing :)

• tyrelsmom
    December 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    My daughter still falls asleep on the boob all the time. Just did now, and she turns 1 next week.

Quoting Emma1918:

Is it okay for her to fall asleep when on the boob

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN