Featured Posts
emilyelephant
3 month christmas
November 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM
My daughter will be 14 weeks by christmas and I'm stuggling with the fact that she won't even care. I want her to have a good christmas, but I don't really know how. She doesn't really play with stuff yet, and can't make her own stocking or anything. I have 3 christmas dresses, a christas tutu, and like 3 different outfits. It's the only thing i can think of to make it memorable! She won't even wear it all :(I help!

Replies

• Marimaru
    November 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My daughter will be about 5 months.  My mom got her a stocking and a dress.  I'll load up the stocking with things that will be fun for her in the future.  

The first things for babies are really all about the parents.  YOU have a good time with your daughter for Christmas.  The memories will be there for you, and that's what is important.  Baby's first birthday is really the same thing.  You kind of help them unwrap stuff, but they don't understand presents, they just want to play with the toys.  And cake of course, LOL.  But still, like I said, make it about a nice time together, and everything else falls into place.

• victoriaherring
    November 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    My baby was 3 months old at Christmas.. We just enjoyed our time with family. It was fun spending time with extended family, some who never got to see our baby otherwise. Next year will be more fun!
  • lauratupper
    November 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Just enjoy your time as a family, and take lots of pictures of her! It will be more fun for her as she gets older.

• abra
    by abra
    November 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    My son had his first christmas at one month old, I took some pictures, and used the opportunity to make some keepsakes (handprint ornaments, etc).
  • Nicholy10
    November 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM

My older boy's first christmas he was 3 1/2 months. I stuffed his stocking with baby jar foods. I got a few toys for when he was big enough to play with them. He lost interested after first present (he did unwrap it though, with help). After than I let him sit in my lap, while I openned his stuff and showed him. He smiled a lot and seemed to enjoy that. I also got him an outfit so he was dressedd up like Santa. It was cute.

• MissMal1
    November 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM

For my nephew's first Christmas, he was two months, I took the oppertunity to buy him things that were outrageously age inappropriate lol. He got an old style metal wagon, a Tonka truck, and some Dr. Suess books. He got lots of toys from them and all the grandparents and other aunts and uncles. It was so much less about the toys and more about gettting to see him.

Now it's my son's first Christmas he will be 15 weeks. His daddy and I are each going to get him something for each other to open for him, but that's all we are doing at home. We are gonna pack him up on Chistmas morning and go to his first Christmas with one set of grandparents and then visit the second set later in the day. Other than lots of photos of him, the only gift I am giving to anyone is the oppertunity to spend time with him. It will be memorable for the whole family and he will get lots of cuddles and love all day long.

• crabtreemommy
    November 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Buy her books and a play mat (if she doesnt have one yet) and maybe even a turtle that shines stars on the ceiling. No... shes not going to be interested in Christmas, but the turtle and books she will grow up with and love. And the few gifts you get her... will be something to remember. 

This year, you can celebrate having a little blessing. Spend time with the ones you love and enjoy the day! :) 

Also... a good way to celebrate her first Christmas is an ornament for the tree. Get her a 1st Christmas ornament and make it a yearly tradition. We have done that every year with my son... and he loves the tradition. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts