Babies

Featured Posts
Jessica0930
Help!? Sick Premie!
November 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

My son was born 6 weeks premature and weighed in at 3 lbs 15 oz. He is now 31/2 months old but is only supposed to be 1 1/2 months. I am concerned about RSV. He had a fever last Wednesday/thursday I havent yet checked it today but he has been congested, runny nose, sneezing and the thing that worries me the most is his food intake and coughing. He usually eats about 6 oz every 4 hours. Now he will only eat 3oz at the most. And then he has this terrible cough and when he gets to coughing he throws up cause he is coughing so hard. He seems to be a little fussier and sleepier last night and today. I have a dr appointment today with him at 1:45 Kansas time. But until then does anyone have any advice for me? Or gone through the same thing and know what this might be? This is my first child and I am a nervous wreck.

Replies

• expectantmom81
    November 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    I would call the doctor. This time of year there is so much going around and being preemie makes it harder to fight sickness. My first was preemie and we had to be more careful with him around other people. Gl and hope he feels better.
  • Jessica0930
    November 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I called the dr and she told me to come in through the walk in clinic. They swabbed him for RSV and I should find out the results today. They also put him on an antibiotic for the drainage he has that is making him vomit. I am just hoping that he doesnt have RSV. This is the first time our little man has been sick so I am really nervous about it. I agree about being careful its so critical I even made a sign for our front door asking people to take certain precautions before entering our home. Having a premie is so hard at times.

• MommyO2-6631
    November 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    Call the doc today! Tell them it is urgent. Rsv is no joke in preemies. Mine had it and we ended up in the emergency room with a double ear imfection and a lung infection. It's a very simply test. Takes 5 minutes
  • jridgill
    November 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    I have no experience with premie babies. Hugs. I would call your doctor with any concern.
  • abra
    by abra
    November 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    I agree

Quoting expectantmom81:

I would call the doctor. This time of year there is so much going around and being preemie makes it harder to fight sickness. My first was preemie and we had to be more careful with him around other people. Gl and hope he feels better.
  • abra
    by abra
    November 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    Keep us updated on the results. Good luck!

Quoting Jessica0930:

Thank you so much for your reply. I called the dr and she told me to come in through the walk in clinic. They swabbed him for RSV and I should find out the results today. They also put him on an antibiotic for the drainage he has that is making him vomit. I am just hoping that he doesnt have RSV. This is the first time our little man has been sick so I am really nervous about it. I agree about being careful its so critical I even made a sign for our front door asking people to take certain precautions before entering our home. Having a premie is so hard at times.

• Jessica0930
    November 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Here is an update, He was tested for RSV today and it came back negative!!! :) Thank you Lord! He just has a really bad cold. And the drainage is what is making him throw up. I am so glad its nothing to serious. Thank you for the support and advice! :)

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts