Babies

Featured Posts
CrystalLMaben
WWYD
November 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
My 6mth old has thrown up once a day for the past 3 days...he doesn't have a temp...doesn't act any differently, he actually laughs right after doing it but this isn't just spit up he literally throws up what looks like all of the food we give him. I know its not a reaction to the food because we haven't introduced anything new. His check up isn't until December 17 so idk if I should try and make a sooner appt or go to the ER or what. Any advice?

Replies

• MommyO2-6631
    November 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    It may not seem like spit up but it probably is. Throw up is defined by frequency and forcefulness. If it's just once a day and she's happy after then it's just spit up. A lot of ppl think babies can't spit up baby food but they can.
  • Uhura
    by Uhura
    November 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Well, it could be a reaction to the food, even though it's nothing new. You can develop an allergy to anything at any given time.

I'd try and get an appointment sooner than that, just because he loses nutrients when he throws up.

• bpryce
    by bpryce
    November 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    I remember my ds doing this. It was because he was over eatting/drinking. I just stopped offering liquids with his meals and it stopped.
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    November 20, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    Formula or breastfed? My second did this on formula, his doctor said since it wasn't happening for every feeding not to worry.
  • CrystalLMaben
    November 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    Breast fed but it doesn't always happen with milk sometimes its with his solids
  • lauratupper
    November 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM

bump!

• abra
    by abra
    November 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    Could be teething
  • alandou
    by alandou
    November 23, 2012 at 2:36 AM

It is possible he could be teething. Does he seem to have any other things going on that are a bit different than normal?

• jessicaaris
    November 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I would try to get in to the dr sooner. It doesn't seem like a crisis since it is just once a day but if it were me I would try to get him in asap without going to the er.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN