Featured Posts
MommySarah986
Front facing carseat?
November 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM
So ds will be 1 on the 30th. He is a big boy almost 30 lbs already. Everyone here seems to talk about extended rear-facing and I never heard about that till this site. With dd I forward faced her once she turned 1 because that's what I thought everyone did. So what should I do with ds? He is a very big boy so idk what to do.

Replies

• calvinsmommy18
    November 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM
    Rf as long as possible. How tall is he? Get a rf carseat that accomodates larger kids. My 4 yr old is 30 lbs. He is now forward facing but he's still harnessed in. He's also 39 inches.
  • xredstarsx
    I would keep him read facing. It is so much safer and there are plenty of seats he would still fit in rf.
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    What seat is he in right now? Rearfacing is much much safer and there are plenty of carseat that he would fit in. :)
  • MommySarah986
    November 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    I think I will keep him rear facing. Dd is 3 years old now and 39lbs and still harnessed in a graco nautilus.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Rf as long as possible. How tall is he? Get a rf carseat that accomodates larger kids. My 4 yr old is 30 lbs. He is now forward facing but he's still harnessed in. He's also 39 inches.

• ambermario4ever
    November 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Rear face as long as possible. Some rear face thier kids up to age 5. It is safest to rear face at least till age two before you turn them around.

• Kris_PBG
    November 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Your child will be substantially safer rear facing.

His weight does not change that.

Check out Joel's journey and watch the video.

http://www.joelsjourney.org/
  • MommySarah986
    November 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    He is in a safety 1st complete air I think that's what it's called.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What seat is he in right now? Rearfacing is much much safer and there are plenty of carseat that he would fit in. :)

• Colie68
    by Colie68
    November 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    My ds just turned one and he is a big boy too, 27lbs. I just got him a truefit premier convertable carseat and he is still happily rear facing and will be for awhile. It isn't about how big they are its about their spine not being fused yet and so it's safer for them to stay rear facing. So my recommendation would be to keep him rear facing!
  • calvinsmommy18
    November 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    Is that the one that rf til 35lbs and ff til 40???? I think that's the one I have for my dd but we may have to get her a new one if I plan to rf her after 2 yrs.

Quoting MommySarah986:

He is in a safety 1st complete air I think that's what it's called.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

• sissy852
    November 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    i am going ff when he turns a year in 10 days. He is also a big boy he is 27 pounds and tall for his age.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts