Babies

Featured Posts
MommySarah986
Front facing carseat?
November 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM
So ds will be 1 on the 30th. He is a big boy almost 30 lbs already. Everyone here seems to talk about extended rear-facing and I never heard about that till this site. With dd I forward faced her once she turned 1 because that's what I thought everyone did. So what should I do with ds? He is a very big boy so idk what to do.

Replies

• MommySarah986
    November 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    No, I believe the one I have ff till 60lbs at least. I got this one because it ff for awhile. I have to look at it again

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Is that the one that rf til 35lbs and ff til 40???? I think that's the one I have for my dd but we may have to get her a new one if I plan to rf her after 2 yrs.

Quoting MommySarah986:

He is in a safety 1st complete air I think that's what it's called.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What seat is he in right now? Rearfacing is much much safer and there are plenty of carseat that he would fit in. :)

• Kris_PBG
    November 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Quoting sissy852:i am going ff when he turns a year in 10 days. He is also a big boy he is 27 pounds and tall for his age.

His height nor his weight provide him aditional protection from injuries such as internal decapitation.

Rear facing makes him literally 500% safer. Car accidents are the number one killer of children - why not make him as safe as possible when doing the most dangerous thing he does? ;)
  • calvinsmommy18
    November 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    Maybe I'm thinking of the other one we have. We also have a Cosco Scenera.

Quoting MommySarah986:

No, I believe the one I have ff till 60lbs at least. I got this one because it ff for awhile. I have to look at it again

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Is that the one that rf til 35lbs and ff til 40???? I think that's the one I have for my dd but we may have to get her a new one if I plan to rf her after 2 yrs.

Quoting MommySarah986:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

What seat is he in right now? Rearfacing is much much safer and there are plenty of carseat that he would fit in. :)

• cowgirlsmommy
    November 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    The complete air has a 40lb rf'ing weight limit. He should be good for awhile. I practice erf'ing with my own children :)

Quoting MommySarah986:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

• Lorelai_Nicole
    November 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM

The new recommendation of the AAP is 2 years minimum.

My older kids RFed to varying degrees of age 4. My twins will likely RF even longer than that, with the new seats coming out.

Bottom line: RFing is 500% safer. What more is there to say?

• sallymoon
    November 19, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I would definitely recommend keeping him rear facing to the 40 lb limit of his current seat.  Regardless of size, their little spines are still so fragile at that age.  My son is still rear facing in our main vehicle at 4y8m.

• tyrelsmom
    November 19, 2012 at 3:30 AM
    I would keep him rearfacing at least to the limit of the seat you have, which is 40 lbs or 40 inches. I wish I had that option with my big boy, but back then, there just weren't any seats that went past 35. So he had to go forward at 21 months.
  • ReachtotheStars
    November 19, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Get a good convertible and rear face until the weight limit or 2 years old.  My 18 month old was 25lbs at 1 and 28lbs at 18 months.  Even our cheap evenflo titan goes to 30lbs.  Your childs safety is never worth the risk no matter how small.  

We also have a britax marathon and an alpha and omega.  All have been great seats. 

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN