Featured Posts
Loralismommy224
What's the best carseat???
November 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
So my dd has almost outgrown her infant carrier, & we're looking to buy the best "next up" carseat for her. I do plan to keep her rear facing until 2, & I want something that's affordable with a good safety rating. We do not want to have to buy anymore seats after this one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• mommyofblueyes
    Ape
    November 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

The best car seat is one that is used correctly!  Personally, I'd stay away from the 3in1 seats, as they are outgrown in height really fast.    We have a Britax Marathon 70, and I LOVE it!  I've also had a Graco MyRide, First Years TrueFit, and I've used a Diono Radian, which all I like as well!  (: 

• cowgirlsmommy
    November 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    There isn't a seat you can buy that will be the last one. There also aren't safety ratings for seats. They all pass the same federal standards.
    The best seat is one that fits your child, fits your vehicle, fits your budget, and you can use easily.
    What is your budget?
  • Lorelai_Nicole
    November 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    My personal favorite right now is the Graco Size4Me70. It has the highest shell available for RFing, and high (18") top slots for FFing. It could likely get you to a safe booster age.
  • Loralismommy224
    November 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

My personal favorite right now is the Graco Size4Me70. It has the highest shell available for RFing, and high (18") top slots for FFing. It could likely get you to a safe booster age.

Thank you. Btw, my dd's name is Lorali :)
  • Loralismommy224
    November 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

There isn't a seat you can buy that will be the last one. There also aren't safety ratings for seats. They all pass the same federal standards.
    The best seat is one that fits your child, fits your vehicle, fits your budget, and you can use easily.
    What is your budget?

Really? I had heard that there were certain seats that had the best safety ratings. I know I'd have to buy a booster seat, I just meant not buying another car seat for when she can be forward facing. My budget is around $200, MAYBE $250.
  • Lorelai_Nicole
    November 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    The Size4Me is about $179. Oh, and it's called the MySize70 at Babies R Us.

When comparing car seats, it's more about things like shell height or harness height, than safety tests. Because as cowgirlsmommy said, they all pass the same safety tests. (Now, when you get into booster seats, then there's safety ratings. Because a lot of boosters don't fit kids as well as they should. But that's a topic for another day, lol.) Taller shell height means longer RFing time, which is why (for an ERFer like me) a Size4Me beats, say, an Evenflo Titan or Graco ComfortSport hands down. Higher top harness slots mean longer FFing harness time.

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

What is your budget?

Really? I had heard that there were certain seats that had the best safety ratings. I know I'd have to buy a booster seat, I just meant not buying another car seat for when she can be forward facing. My budget is around $200, MAYBE $250.
  • Loralismommy224
    November 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    Thanks so much for the info ladies!
  • cowgirlsmommy
    November 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    Definitely look at the Graco MySize 70
  • Loralismommy224
    November 19, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Definitely look at the Graco MySize 70

Will do, thanks!
  • la_bella_vita