Babies

dark_xiii_angel
Diaper bag or purse?
November 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
In march/April I will have a newborn and a 2 year old both in diapers at least for a while. My kids usually go everywhere I go. Should I continue to carry a purse and a diaper bag or is it easier to just throw my wallet, a little bag of essentials and my planner in the diaper bag? What do you ladies do?

Replies

• little.worthen
    November 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    I like the big purse and throw diapers in it, unless I'm out all day shopping or something then the diaper bag is easier.
  • dark_xiii_angel
    November 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    I tried that. Lol. My big purse ended up full of so much stuff it was too heavy to carry. Lol. Maybe if I can find a large purse with multiple pockets to organize it better.

Quoting little.worthen:

I like the big purse and throw diapers in it, unless I'm out all day shopping or something then the diaper bag is easier.
  • militarywife09
    November 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    I use both.
  • little.worthen
    November 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Mine has a pocket that splits the inside into two. And I usually empty it whenever I get home of mail, receipts, toys, juice cups, Cheerios, etc. (= that helps keep it uncluttered.

Quoting dark_xiii_angel:

I tried that. Lol. My big purse ended up full of so much stuff it was too heavy to carry. Lol. Maybe if I can find a large purse with multiple pockets to organize it better.

Quoting little.worthen:

• xomrs.chase
    November 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    I have s huge, coach diaper bag- best of both worlds!
  • little.worthen
    November 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

This is the inside of my purse. The right is the "mom side" the left is the "baby's side" the middle pocket splits it in half, I keep pens in there. It works out really well.
  • little.worthen
    November 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Ya know petunia pickle bottom bags are super cute like purses but they are diaper bags. You could go for something like that? A designer bag or something that's fashionable but it's a diaper bag.
  • catholicmamamia
    November 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I love a diaperbag with a proper *mama pocket*!
    JJB BP and BFF are two of my favorites..  :o)

• dark_xiii_angel
    November 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    I like the way your purse is divided. It would keep me more organized! I have been looking online at bags but I haven't looked into petunia pickle bottom yet. I have no problems with cost as long as they are durable. Thank you so much for your help!! :-)

Quoting little.worthen:

This is the inside of my purse. The right is the "mom side" the left is the "baby's side" the middle pocket splits it in half, I keep pens in there. It works out really well.
  • catholicmamamia
    November 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM

This is my JJB BePrepared, mama pocket on left and interior on right.. love this bag!

Babies